Discipline Leader Infrastr. Engineering
Date: Jan 10, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Discipline Leader for Infrastructure Engineering
Help us to transform patients' lives
As development opportunity for our talented individuals, and in order to strengthen our UCB Engineering team, we are opening a Discipline Leader for Infrastructure Engineering role for our UCB sites. We are looking for an individual with strong management skills, building knowledge, technical background and HSE, who is able to manage the Infrastructure Engineering discipline and interact with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders.
Does being a proactive person in the business of partnering make you feel great? Then you are a perfect 'curionovative' person for UCB. This very special blend means you are curious and innovative, devoted to improving life for patients
As a UCB ' curionovative' person and Discipline Leader for Infrastructure Engineering you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Create strong relationship with many internal and external customers and stakeholders.
* Act as major resource manager for Capex Infrastructure projects.
* Reinforce project methodology in the Infrastructure Engineering Team.
* Implement infrastructure strategies through our Engineering department in collaboration with UCB Sites department, manufacturing and purchasing.
* Scope: UCB sites (Mainly Belgium and Switzerland sites).
As a UCB 'curionovative' person and Discipline Leader for Infrastructure Engineering you will contribute by:
* Follow project methodology in Infrastructure department.
* Develop the infrastructure technical standards and best practices.
* Seek for trends and new technologies in Infrastructure (modular construction, flex concept,…) to increase performance in design and execution (schedule and cost)
* Based on Core/Non core assessment, develop partnerships with suppliers and purchasing department for design and execution of infrastructure projects.
* Support the project leader to evaluate the competencies needed for Infrastructure investment projects.
* Propose technical options to answer user requirements
* Evaluate/Validate Scenarios/Basic/Detail design related to Infrastructure projects in collaboration with Site department and HSE (Scope definition, budget estimate, schedule).
* Evaluate with project leader the project phases and construction means.
* Identify and coordinate the resources planning to meet Infrastructure project needs.
* Manage, support priorities and allocate resources for Infrastructure projects.
* Follow the technical execution of Infrastructure projects.
* Coordinate the Infrastructure activities with SECT and SME in the engineering team.
* Ensure that Infrastructure Engineering team and their relevant activities are compliant with the latest HSE regulations at all times including the green aspect.
* Maintain up to date Engineering Infrastructure Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs)
* Collaborate with the competent authorities to find the most suitable solutions to various problems and challenges encountered.
* Develop technical expertise and skills within Infrastructure team.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Engineering required with specific Infrastructure certification.
* Strong Infrastructure knowledge in Belgium legislation.
* Expertise in construction in a Pharma environment, buildings, laboratories, clean rooms…
* Strong experience in people management (Minimum 5 years) and contractors management
* GMP regulated environment knowledge, project management skills and some process/technical knowledge (Mainly in Chemical and Pharmaceutical) (Minimum 2 years).
* Understanding of business needs.
* Ability to work through internal and external networks.
* Communication skills, team player, influences, cross functional player, leadership, motivation.
* Autonomous, customer oriented, problem solving oriented, pragmatic.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Fluent in French and English.
* Ability to balance efficiently multiple priorities.
Job Segment: Construction, Chemical Research, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Science