Director External Supply, Supply Chain
What we do
Pfizer is a research-based, global biopharmaceutical company. We apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives through the discovery, development and manufacture of healthcare products.
* Member of ES Ops Internal Medicine (IM) Virtual Site Leadership Team, representing Supply Chain enabling functionLead, maintain and improve a harmonized supply chain structure and integrated processes across the global external supply network for Internal Medicines BU
* Lead the ES Supply Chain Internal Medicine Business Unit organization
+ Direct Reports (~8) - Supply Chain Team Leads, Supply Chain Managers, Regional Specialist Lead, Project Manager
+ Indirect Reports (~12) - ES Planners and Specialists
+ Provide coaching / mentoring to co-located ES Supply Chain colleagues (~19) from other BU's; Hospital, etc.
* Supply Chain Leader responsible for overseeing and directing all Supply Chain management activities at Third Parties globally for Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals Group (PBG) Brands Internal Medicines Business Unit, reporting into the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Operating Unit with responsibility for representing the Supply Chain enabling function on the ES Ops Internal Medicine (IM) Virtual Site Leadership Team (VSLT)
* Collaborate with Virtual Site Operation Teams (VSOT's), Contract Manufacturers' supply chain management, Brand Supply Leaders (BSL's) / API Supply Leaders (ASL's), ES Operations & respective ES Operations Leads, Intercompany Operations, Regional Supply Chain Teams (RSL's), AMP Hubs and other stakeholders
* Lead a team of Planning & Specialist colleagues (remote and collocated) in managing and coordinating supply chain activities for PBG external suppliers, fostering and E2E supply chain mindset, ensuring reliable product supply to market consistent with Pfizer objectives.
* Incumbent will lead a team that will be responsible for the management of Production Planning/ Scheduling, Materials Planning & Scheduling, Customer Service, Product Lifecycle and Change Management (including Pfizer Connect / New Modalities commercialization), Distribution/ Shipping, Procurement, SC systems and data/ specifications management with 3rd-party contactors.
* The colleague will co-develop/support global initiatives and ES Operations in the implementation of strategic and tactical plans to secure timely product supply and achieve cost & other targets of ES and GSC Balanced Scorecard (BSC); customer service, Months On Hand (MOH) inventory targets, Intersite Service Level (ISL), etc.
* Support SC Planners / Managers as they partner with 3rd-party contractors to execute site capacity modeling, provide inputs to the S&OP process, review leading indicators for proactive issue identification, manage metrics to drive to continuous improvement projects to deliver supply chain efficiencies, escalate issues / concerns to appropriate stakeholders / levels of leadership.
* As a member of Global Supply Chain Planning, Process and Operations (PPO), drives the organizational vision, owns supply chain management into and out of Contract Manufacturer, ensures "system-based planning" (SAP and other supported ERP tools / processes) through the use of "standard work" / globally aligned processes & solutions, and if necessary effectively identifies and escalates issues concerning "supply chain health".
* Partners with other External Supply, Supply Chain Directors on the continual evolution and development of initiatives within the PBG External Supply network that improve operational effectiveness, process robustness, and innovative supply chain capabilities.
* Manages local Project Manager, responsible for implementation of global (new product launches, etc.) and local (Brexit, etc.) projects
* Partners with ES Solutions team to provide forums / environment supporting of knowledge transfer of system-based functionalities to colleagues, driving system-based planning, reporting capabilities, etc. to deliver product to patients in accordance with market inventory targets, lead-times, etc.
* Develops strong business relationships that drive an open and collaborative environment within their supply chains
* Assumes a strong leadership role in times of issue management by quickly and effectively analyzing the situation, defining scenarios to manage the issue, coordinating steps to resolve it and escalating to leadership when necessary.
* Inventory management of consigned materials:
+ Planning for the right stock levels of mainly API and Bulk supporting the manufacturing and packaging of Pfizer products
+ Reconciliation of consigned materials on a periodic basis
+ Assuring full SOX compliance for inventory management and accounts payable
* Represent External Supply on local site; participate in Site LT Overviews, Collaborate with local Works Council, act as member of the Site LT as needed
* Represent External Supply as focal point for audits associated with Supply Companies ES operates in.
* In collaboration with Network Strategy & Management and Direct and Indirect Tax, design the Supply Chain to ensure that model is implemented in support of Pfizer strategy. This relates to integrating new business through Acquisitions, divestments and other business development activities.
* Incumbent is responsible to establish yearly verified volume budget and the quarterly tracking of actuals and year to date versus budget.
* Bachelor's degree in Operations management, engineering and or supply chain required; advanced degree preferred.
* 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain / Materials Management, operations management or Commercial Operations in the pharmaceutical industry. Broad understanding of the supply chain environment. Strong, demonstrated Project management experience required, supply chain or project management certifications preferred (CPIM, CSCP, PMP, etc). Demonstrated ability to manage large scale strategic projects.
* Ability to work in a complex matrix organization with strong team work orientation required.Ability to work effectively in an environment of competing priorities, ambiguity and deadlines.Proven experience in providing innovative solutions to unusually complex projects while managing colleagues across multiple time-zones / geographies / cultures.
* Must have demonstrated consultative, influencing, analytical, strategic thinking/planning, and problem-solving skills. Strong leadership skills and communication skills, and presentation, business analysis, PC, and project management skills are required.Ability to interact, build effective relationships, and influence leaders at all levels of the organization is imperative.Excellent targeted messaging skills are a requirement.
* Demonstrated understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the major strategic productivity challenges facing the industry.
* Travel requirements (international/domestic) ~20%
* Global leadership experience, leading large operational and or functional teams with high level of diversity (thought, culture, experience)
* Understanding of Virtual Site environment, Pfizer supply chain, financial and physical legal entity structures and transactional processing.
* Experience and strong skillset with Advanced Planning Systems, SAP functionality and processes, Business Intelligence systems and master data management.
* Relevant operational experience across diverse business portfolio a plus (e.g., BioPharmaceuticals, Consumer Products, other industries). Proven analytical skills, including technical skills with Business Intelligence platforms (e.g., SAP BI/BOBJ, Tableau) preferred.
What we offer
* In addition to competitive salaries and customized benefits packages, we offer a supportive and diverse culture and unparalleled career development opportunities.
* We offer you a challenging job in an international and complex environment within a dynamic team.
* Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Belgium - Zaventem