SR. DIRECTOR END-TO-END PRODUCT PLANNING
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; Zug, Switzerland; Titusville, Florida
Functions: Inventory Planning/Control
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905764820W
Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is the global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. Within the Janssen Supply Chain, Global Planning is part of Planning & Customer Management and Global Planning's mission is to "Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the E2E supply chain".
The Senior Director Global End-to-End Product Planning is responsible to drive the optimal global planning of our products from an End-to-End perspective across all dimensions of the JSC Supply Chain: API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) large and small molecule manufacturing sites, Formulation/Bulk sites, Fill-Finish sites, key external manufacturing sites and key suppliers. He/she needs to ensure that our E2E product supply chain configuration and translation of gross demand into a balanced netted demand plan for API, bulk and Finished Goods are aligned with the business objectives, specially on service and inventory.
The five core processes are:
* Define & optimize the End-to-end global supply chain configuration and the related parameters aligned with service and inventory targets
* Manage the supply chain performance (service level, inventory/DOS, SLOB, tactical capacity in 0-3 year horizon, stock-out avoidance)
* Ensure demand propagation, using multi-echelon planning techniques across the different global manufacturing nodes and drive E2E aligned production and inventory plans
* Identify proactively potential product supply issues, perform product allocation to cope with changes in forecast or supply chain issues
* Support the supply chain readiness for new product launches
The Senior Director Global E2E product planning has the following accountabilities:
* Has the overall accountability of the global execution of the product oriented E2E configuration processes and the E2E planning processes across our internal and external network
* Owns the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API), bulk, Raw Material (RM), Work In Progress (WIP) and Finished goods Inventory Planning and ensures best use of network capacity to optimize investment and meet demand and inventory goals
* Identifies potential product supply issues and resolve or escalate as necessary. Perform a thorough analysis and lead mitigations in case of a stock out situation. In case of product shortages, decides on the allocation of the available API, BULK and RM.
* Provides input to the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process and to the strategic planning process
* Support the supply chain readiness for new product launches. Ensure the creation of supply plans in support of the launch of new products for 2nd and 3rd wave countries.
* Develops production plans for the Janssen E2E managed products including Actelion that meet demand and inventory expectations. Ensures business plan attainment.
* Provide Leadership and vision to further optimize the E2E planning processes
* He/she should create and maintain relationships, internally and externally, that allow him /her to interpret demand and inventory requirements and respond with the right capacity, products and schedules to meet customer requirements
* Provides input and direction to the OMP deployment program
* Is accountable for the further development of the capabilities of his/her people and to further develop a high performing global diverse team.
* Leads cross-sector initiatives within Region and/or Global networks
* Member of the Global Planning leadership team and extended member of the Value Chain Management leadership team.
* Overall accountability of the global execution of the E2E configuration and E2E planning processes for internal or external plants (60%)
* Development of people and organization (25%)
* Pro-active and balanced communication of issues (15%)
* Service, Inventory/DOS/variation, SLOB, Plan Attainment, Stock outs
* Departmental budget
* People development
This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
JSC-Internal: Demand and Supply Planning Leaders, Value Chain Leaders, Supply Chain Development leaders, Affiliate services, Regional Account directors, Finance, Manufacturing and Technical Operations, Procurement, Quality
External to JSC: JJSC PLAN, Source and Deliver Leaders
A minimum of a bachelor's/university degree is required and advanced degree preferred (master/PhD).
15+ years of related experience in manufacturing, planning and/or supply chain management for health care industry required. A minimum of 5 years people management/supervisory experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strategic perspective and ability to integrate vision across multiple functions
* Proven business acumen in the area of Supply Chain, Commercial and financials
* Clear understanding of external Supply Chain trends
* Strong partnering and understanding of Planning support needs of the Enterprise and Sectors
* Ability to embed a culture of harmonization and process improvement and value creation
* Collaborates effectively to achieve performance improvement
* Experience with several of the following processes including master production schedule process, inventory management, supply chain management, scenario analysis, change control, sales and operations planning, Planning Systems (SAP, APO, OMP) and other cross-functional business processes common to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry
* Establishes effective communications and common goals and objectives
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills. Strength in interdependent partnering and team management.
* Ability to manage multiple initiatives and work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist. Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels
* Serves as a role model for Credo based decision making
Location of Role: Location: preferred Belgium (Beerse) or Switserland (Zug) or US (Titusville)
Travel Requirements: Up to 25-35%
Language Requirements: English required
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, North America-United States-Florida-Titusville
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)