Senior Director EHS&S, EMEA
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; Switzerland; Czech Republic; Denmark; Italy; Portugal; Austria; Belgium; Germany; Spain; France; United Kingdom; Ireland
Functions: Environmental Health & Safety
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905740746W
Basic purpose of the role
The Regional EHS&S Leader is member of the J&J EHS&S leadership team. S/he assumes regional stewardship and is accountable for the effective deployment and value-add performance of EHS&S strategy, policies, standards and compliance across his/her region. S/he is a proven situational leader, who is able to manages and work with the varying people & system cultures, varying regulatory policies & structure of the countries of the region, to meet the needs of the organization.S/he is an experienced change leader who creates heightened organizational consciousness of EHS&S purpose and issues, to deeply embed a strong EHS&S culture across the organization. The Regional EHS Leader is an effective thought leader who moves, inspire and innovate in way that continues to elevate, intergate and synergize the standards of performance in EHS&S across the regional supply chain, R&D and the commercial organization.
The Regional EHS Leader will work with EHS&S executives, senior business leaders (supply chain, R&D, commercial, Deliver) and other functional leaders in all parts of the company and in all cultures. S/he will be a key liaison with working councils (unions) and supply chain technical platform leaders. Externally, this person will have relationships and interactions with regional and national regulatory authorities, NGO's, etc
* With the EHS&S leadership team, sets strategic and policy direction for EHS&S across the J&J global organization (internal and external supply chain, R&D, Deliver, commercial).
* In conjunction with business leaders, defines the regional implementation plan and tactics to achieve the global business and EHS strategies.
* Serves as single point of contact with senior business and supply chain leadership teams (e.g.MAKE, Deliver, R&D) as assigned.
* Accountable for successful implementation of the campus model for EHS&S service delivery to improve efficiency while delivering on established EHS strategies.
* Accountable for monitoring and delivering strong EHS performance results and managing regional EHS resources (talent/budget).
* Stewards and promotes sustainability in the region, in partnership with functional and business sustainability leaders.
* Sets strategic direction for regional external collaborations (NGOs) in close alignment with internal stakeholders based on regional and local legislation.
* Supports EHS integration planning and execution activities to rapidly bring new acquisitions into conformance with J&J standards.
* Routinely engages business leaders (manufacturing platform leaders, the R&D organization and appropriate commercial leaders) to review EHS&S performance, compliance and issues.
* Fosters an atmosphere of openness and information sharing in order to encourage a culture of high awareness, transparency and diligence with respect to EHS&S matters.
* Provide coaching & mentoring, accountable for the development of EHS&S competencies, capabilities and talent in the region.
* Assures monitoring of new legislation and emerging issues that could impact the global and regional J&J business and ensure full compliance in a cost competitive manner.
* Collaborates with EHS&S functional leaders and business unit leaders on EHS&S issues relative to major proposals, plans and the implementation of key projects.
* Serves as a key contact with relevant government agencies and EHS&S groups in building the company's external reputation for excellence in the areas of EHS&S.
Education: Requires University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical/science field. Advanced degree in management or EHS&S technical field preferred.
Experience: Requires 10-12 years of relevant experience.
Leadership & management Behavioral Competencies:
* Ability to think at strategic level and execute with a strong sense of purpose.
* Business acumen / high level of market awareness and customer sensitivity.
* Outstanding leadership; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels; collaborative.
* Effective team development capability, exemplified by a track record of leading, coaching and developing superior EHS&S professionals.
* Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured; strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
* Strong compliance orientation with a focus on end-to-end global/regional process management.
* Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment.
* Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills .
* High levels of passion and energy - driven to exceed expectations and to deliver high quality outputs
* Self-confident - able to influence the status quo, with the aim of reaching the best solution
* Robust character - collaborative and willing to listen but confident in making decisions and taking a lead
* Strong learning agility to be able to manage complex projects in different regions and business segments
* Good communicator - able to articulate the case for EHS&S at all levels of the organization and with customers.
Location of Role: In the region preferred.
Language Requirements: English required and at least one region-appropriate language preferred
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Denmark, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Portugal, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Austria, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Environmental Health & Safety