IS Digital Trainee
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Digital and IT
BUG00000424 Requisition #
GENERATION EUROPE BU (BU GEN) is responsible for the management and operation of ENGIE thermal generation activities in Europe including natural gas, coal, biomass and large-scale Combined Heat Power assets. It is a cross-functional BU currently operating about 22 GW across 9 countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom) on 68 sites with a workforce of 1 600 employees. Our organization is structured into four (4) clusters: Gas North Europe, Gas South Europe, Coal Europe and European Maintenance Services (EMS).
To meet the challenges of the energy transition, the ambition of BU GEN is, on the one hand, to be a trustable and reliable support to renewables based on the flexibility of our fleet, at a low cost and with an acceptable CO2 footprint. On the other hand, based on our strong technical expertise, to serve major industrial customers as a supplier of integrated energy and services solutions.
In this perspective, our teams are committed to optimize continuously our generation fleet and to bring to market the most competitively priced energy and services one can find by making offers in mature commodity markets and providing ancillary services to transmission system operators in order to capture additional value.
Interested to contribute to the European project of our Business Unit? Through our organization, you will develop and grow within the Group ENGIE while taking part in new challenges. Seize this opportunity and join us!
The mission of the IS Digital Trainee (M/F) within the IS Department of BU Generation Europe is to :
* Contribute actively to the digitalization of the BU
* Acquire a good overview of the IT landscape of the Business Unit consisting of the 3 main domains:
* Infrastructure, Security and Workplace Management (ISW)
* Operational Technology (OT)
* Analytics, Digital and ERP systems (ADES)
Facilitate and coordinate the interactions between the actors from different IT domains
Support the live applications and software's
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
* Participation to Digital projects for the three domains above-mentioned:
* Solution design
* UI and UX of Apps
* Testing with final users
Support of applications in collaboration with technical experts: direct interactions with the developer's team, user management, bug fixing, enhancement definition and implementation, testing, etc.
Active participation to the DIGITAL4NOW yearly program of the BU GEN consisting of the animation of a community of Digital Champions
* Cope with the constant and rapid evolution of the IT landscape and be able to adopt the new IT innovations
* Be disruptive by finding new ways to inspire the Digital Community and by proposing innovative solutions for the customers
* Be flexible in terms of technologies, tasks and mobility
* Manage Digital Projects
* Software development team located in Poland
* Close collaboration with every team member of the three domains, according to the content of the project
* Contact with customers for the power plants
* Possible interactions with Engie IT according to the concerned application
* External suppliers of IT solutions
* Start-ups in the framework of the digitalization
* Brussels (Linkebeek)
* Because of the European scope of the BU, the candidate should be ready to travel frequently (40% travel time)
* Candidate should be living in Belgium and will be offered a local Belgian contract
Experience & Diploma:
* Master Degree
* No peculiar experience required
* Fresh-out profile or between 1 to 3 years experience max.
* Taking initiative
* Working together
Transversal People Management skills:
* Forming a team (transversal management during projects)
* Working language will be English
* A fluent knowledge in, at least, one of the following languages is needed: Dutch, German, French, Polish, Italian or Spanish
Specific Business Understanding:
* Digital innovation
* Power Generation knowledge is a plus
* Young Professional (HL16)
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.