Development Engineer MEMS
What you will do
Imec's Large-Area Electronics department is developing electronics on glass and flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow's flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a development engineer to support our microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) projects. You will actively participate in the definition and the development of process steps to realize full MEMS applications on glass substrates.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Independent definition and start-up of processing experiments under the supervision of the responsible project leader or scientist.
* Deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, using in particular tools like spin-coating, chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition.
* Photolithographic patterning of the deposited layers.
* Hybrid integration of glass and silicon electronics
* Development of new material integration schemes and techniques
* Autonomous characterization: Electrical characterization of device performance; Physical characterization of the deposited layers
* Regular reporting in a consistent and rigorous way.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world's premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you'll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated engineer, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges. For this challenging task, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with good technical skills in chemical/physical vapor deposition, photo-lithography and wet-coating techniques. Experience in MEMS applications and/or hybrid integration is a plus.
* You have a Master's degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Materials or nano-technology.
* You like working within a team and can schedule your work according to deadlines and deliverables.
* You are creative and like to think with the scientists to solve problems.
* You have experience with process equipment. Experience with processing in a high-tech laboratory environment, such as a semiconductor-industry fab, is a plus.
* You have experience with physical and electrical characterization techniques, such as AFM, SEM, current-voltage measurements,...
* Experience with MEMS and/or hybrid integration is a strong plus.
* You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
* You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
* You are flexible to accept new challenges in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment.
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
Apply for this job
Share this on
stay up to date