Senior Angular Developer for the EU Institutions (7359, L1)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Angular Developer based in Brussels.
Description of tasks:
The team develops a user interface framework based on advanced JS open source frameworks and libraries.
The service provider will have to:
* Contribute to its definition and elaboration (code and documentation) and to promote its adoption (day to day support) within the European Commission.
* Support and advice to the various development teams at the EC if and when required concerning user interface and eUI usage.
* Train and coach on eUI and techniques in the field of user interface development in the EC context.
* Build a quality assurance process for eUI based on automated tests and code quality tools.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills:
The service provider shall have the following expertise:
* The experience as stated in the framework contract for the regarded profile.
* Excellent knowledge of English (spoken, written) and good knowledge of French (spoken, written).
* Sound experience in projects that have applied successfully well-established software engineering methodologies.
* Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
* Presenting in front of large varied audiences.
* Presentation preparation skills.
* Drafting skills.
* Competent communicator.
* Customer and results oriented individual.
* Good planner, able to follow more than one subject at a time.
* Proactive attitude, communicative (i.e. good listener) and customer oriented.
The service provider shall have the following expertise:
* Very good expertise in Angular 2+ framework and Typescript.
* Proven experience in Client-side presentation patterns (MVVM, MVC) and Single Page Application development.
* Good expertise and effective work experience in CSS/SASS, HTML5, and SVG.
* Excellent knowledge and good expertise in Bootstrap (v4 preferable).
* Effective work experience in big UI projects: multi-modules, multiple target devices. Maintenance of a large codeset.
* Effective work experience in JS dependency management with Node JS, NPM, Gulp.
* Knowledge of Redux architecture is a plus.
Experience in Web application security :
* Effective work experience with authentication systems based on SSO and CAS: Session cookie management through REST API, session time-out state recovery.
* Expertise in Web vulnerabilities, including Cross site scripting and Cross site request forgery.
Expertise in Continuous Integration and Deployment
* Effective work experience in maven multi module projects with Continuous integration and deployment.
* Working experience with the following tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Nexus, Crucible, Jenkins and Sonar.
* Experience with Docker is a plus.
Experience in JEE based project
* Good knowledge in JEE platform and specifically in the following standards and at least in their reference implementation: JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JMS, JTA, JMX, EJB, JSR303, JPA2, Servlet 2.3+.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/5661
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 18 October, 2019
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 16 October, 2019