Back to search result
Dev Engineer Web
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2019-04-14 Requisition ID
056228 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
Web Hosting Dev Engineer
Internal, full time,Brussels
Your role & work environment
Youare an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-domindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinaryand cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective.Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is ofutmost importance for you.
Youhave a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop,test and deliver applications and/or infrastructure services in the scope ofyour squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applicationsmaintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a DevEngineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey fromthe backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive toimprove yourself and your colleagues.
You will join the chapter "Dev Engineers Web" inthe IT Area "Dedicated Infrastructure", located in Brussels (Etterbeek)
Your key responsibilities
As a DevEngineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development andtesting of applications / infrastructure services. You understand the entirestack, so that you can bring applications or infrastructure services intoproduction and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer. Thismeans you can contribute to completionof all activities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
* Youwork together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiativein expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) thatis relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
* Youuse your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events(planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
* Wherepossible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, evenwhen they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
* Youhave an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functionalknowledge of some Banking Business domains.
* Youare able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do'to 'done'.
* Youconsult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional andnon-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
* Youdesign, build and test IT products (functional, performance, resilience andsecurity tests) in line with the customer's requirements and IT Area' set ofguidelines
* Youimplement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remainunder control
* Youperform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning) for IT products undermanagement.
* Youapply continuous delivery practices:
* Manageall resources in version-controlled repositories (incl., code, scripts,configurations, artefacts, static resources)
* Refactorand reuse existing code/modules/functionality
* Writefully automated tests (e.g., unit-, functional-, non-functional- and integrationtesting)
* Build,enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive or error pronetasks
* Develop micro services and APIs
Contribute to team and personal development
* Youcontribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receivingfeedback.
* Asan experienced Dev Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to helptheir individual development.
* Youare responsible for developing your own expertise.
* Yougather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regardingyour field and embed lessons learned andbest practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm forhelping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideasto life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. Youare a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others toachieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to proposecreative solutions to problems.
As a DevEngineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
* Passionfor IT
* Strongteam player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to fostercollaboration and individual development
* ITmarket focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, includingLean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
* Problemsolving skills to structure and improve complex situations
* End-to-endownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, takingresponsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
* Continuousimprovement mindset
* Eagerto learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialised knowledge
* Experienceworking in Agile organisation and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practicesand methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Scaling,Continuous Delivery, automated testing).
* Abilityto master several engineering skills :
* Designingand design for failure
* Codingand/or package integration
* Testingincluding Test-Driven Development (TDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation
e.g.regression, functional and integration tests
* Continuousintegration and delivery (Compile, Build, Package, Deploy)
* Security& IT Risk
* Networkingand storage
* PerformingStack Life Cycle
* Appliedmachine learning
* Database& Middleware
* Trackrecord of developing high quality software products and infrastructure stacks
* Expertisein multiple programming / scripting languages and automation tooling
* Broadunderstanding of technologies, banking business domains and consumer needs
* Experiencedknowledge in the following domains:
+ Operatingsystems: Unix and Windows
+ Goodknowledge of Application Server (preferably Websphere / Tomcat)
+ Goodknowledge of Web Server (Apache / IHS)
+ Scriptingcompetences : Python / Jython / perl
+ Programminglanguage : Java / C
+ Securityconcepts (application security, authentication, certificates management, PKI)
+ Goodknowledge of TAM/Nginx
Education and Professional certifications
* Bachelor'sor Master's degree or equivalent by experience
* Goodwritten and spoken knowledge of English
* Certificationsand/or proven proficiency in software development and infra stack building
* Certificationsand/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
We offer you
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and otherbenefits:
* Personalgrowth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise yourambitions
* Aninformal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting yourendeavours
* Aprogressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead ofconvention
Furthermore, withinthe [department name] department, you can count on a range of opportunities toinvest in your personal and professional growth with:
* Stepinto a continuous learning process, with a great offer of trainings andpersonal coaching
* Participatein challenging state of the art initiatives
We redefine banking. What aboutyou?
There has never been a more interesting time towork at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered bytechnology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel ourpeople are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We'reproud of that!
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch