Back to search result
Dev Engineer (Databases)
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2019-05-22 Requisition ID
056580 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
Your role & workenvironment
Youare an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-domindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinaryand cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective.Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is ofutmost importance for you.
Youhave a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop,test and deliver applications and/or infrastructure services in the scope ofyour squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applicationsmaintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission.You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using theAgile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and yourcolleagues.
You will join the chapter "Database Engineering" in the IT Area "Contributing",located in Brussels (Etterbeek)
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actualdevelopment and testing of applications / infrastructure services. Youunderstand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications orinfrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperationwith the Ops Engineer. This means you can contribute to completion of allactivities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contributeto the new way of working
* You work together with colleagues from other areasof expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within andoutside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which youwork.
* You use your technical expertise and experience tocontribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
* Where possible, you take on tasks/activities thatcontribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area ofexpertise.
* You have an up-to-date vision regarding ITexpertise and you also have functional knowledge of some Banking Businessdomains.
* You are able to get all typical and other backlogitems (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
* You consult with the team about what is needed tofulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to bedeveloped.
* You design, build and test IT products (functional,performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer'srequirements and IT Area' set of guidelines
* You implement all mandatory security standards toensure IT risk is and remain under control
* You perform Life Cycle Management (includingdecommissioning) for IT products under management.
* You apply continuous delivery practices:
* Manage all resources in version-controlledrepositories (incl., code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, staticresources)
* Refactor and reuse existingcode/modules/functionality
* Write fully automated tests (e.g., unit-,functional-, non-functional- and integration testing)
* Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts toautomate repetitive or error prone tasks
* Develop micro services and APIs
Contributeto team and personal development
* You contribute to the development of your squad byactively giving and receiving feedback.
* As an experienced Dev Engineer, you coach lessexperienced colleagues to help their individual development.
* You are responsible for developing your ownexpertise.
* You gather, update and spread knowledge aboutdevelopments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent fortaking it on and making it happen, enthusiasmfor helping others to be successful anda knack for always being a step ahead.In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challengesin a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborativeperson who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love tochallenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions toproblems.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
* Passion for IT
* Strong team player, empowering and challengingsquad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
* IT market focus: seeking for major trends in thenew way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes,etc.
* Problem solving skills to structure and improvecomplex situations
* End-to-end ownership mind set: Independent andautonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed asalways striving for consumer value
* Continuous improvement mind set
* Eager to learn and ability to coach others
Experienceand specialized knowledge
* Experience working in Agile organisation and goodunderstanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery,automated testing).
* Ability to master several engineering skills :
* Designing and design for failure
* Coding and/or package integration
* Testing including Test-Driven Development (TDD),end-to-end testing and Test automation
e.g. regression, functional and integration tests
* Continuous integration and delivery (Compile,Build, Package, Deploy)
* Security & IT Risk
* Networking and storage
* Performing Stack Life Cycle
* Applied machine learning
* Database & Middleware
* Track record of developing high quality softwareproducts and infrastructure stacks
* Expertise in multiple programming / scriptinglanguages and automation tooling
* Broad understanding of technologies, bankingbusiness domains and consumer needs
* Experienced knowledge in the following domains:
+ Operating systems: Unix based platforms(AIX , Linux),Windows
+ Oracle database/RDBMS 11g , Oracle database/RDBMS12c and multi-tenancy
+ Oracle Automatic storage management (ASM), GridInfrastructure
+ Oracle Data guard
+ Oracle Real application cluster (RAC)
+ Oracle Recover manager (RMAN)
+ GITLab , Scripting (Shell & SQL) , EMCLI/Jython
+ Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control 12c& 13c.
+ Knowledge of Oracle Exadata & ZDLRA is an asset
+ Experience in multiple database migration scenarios
+ Security concepts (database security,authentication, certificates management, PKI)
+ Knowledge & working experience on Microsoft SQLserver is considered an asset
+ Familiarity on Identity & User accessmanagement using Role based access control
Educationand Professional certifications
* Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent byexperience
* Good written and spoken knowledge of English
* Certifications and/or proven proficiency insoftware development and infra stack building
* Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one ormore programming/scripting languages
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation andother benefits:
* Personal growth & challenging work with endlessopportunities to realise your ambitions
* An informal, dynamic environment with innovativecolleagues supporting your endeavours
* A progressive and agile way of working, where newideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the [department name] department, you can count on arange of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
* Step into a continuous learning process, with agreat offer of trainings and personal coaching
* Participate in challenging state of the artinitiatives
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on ajourney that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and drivenby smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them tostay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch