Back to search result
Dev Engineer Lending
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2018-02-13 Requisition ID
051952 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
IT Lending Area
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset.
Within ING ITS, you will be part of a team of enthusiastic and highly qualified engineers working on projects that change our Lending Applications (and in particular Mortgages Processing Application) in Belgium.
You will be also part of Mortgages Tribe and squad focused on the delivery of strategic initiatives for Mortgages.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end.
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of applications. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications or infrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer
* You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge in Lending domain.
* You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
* You design, build and test IT products (functional, performance, resilience and security tests) in line with the customer's requirements and IT Lending Area set of guidelines
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
* Passion for IT
* Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
* IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery etc.
* End-to-end ownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Eager to learn and ability to coach others
* Problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
* Analytical and detail oriented
* Structured and organized
Experience and specialized knowledge:
* Experience working in Agile organization and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery, automated testing).
* Broad understanding of general banking and in particular Lending domain (Mortgages, Collaterals and Credit lines), consumer needs and underlying business processes
* Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English; knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset
* Ability to master several engineering skills with focus on functional and test analyst skills:
* Designing and design for failure:
* Experience in requirement elicitation, documentation and preparation of high level design, prototypes and liaison with your squad members and IT feature architects for implementation of changes in the system.
* Experience in gathering and documenting functional interface specifications.
* Experience in modelling tools BPMN, UML diagram & MS Visio and HP ALM.
* Basic knowledge of mainframe or working experience in this domain
* Experience in Quality Assurance activities like preparation of detailed test plan and business scenarios, defect management, periodic status reporting.
* Testing Experience including Test-Driven Development (TDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation e.g. regression, functional and integration tests
* Coding experience and/or package integration is an advantage
* Continuous integration and delivery (Compile, Build, Package, Deploy) is an advantage
* Expertise in multiple programming / scripting languages and automation tooling in an advantage
Education and Professional certifications
* Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent by experience
* Good written and spoken knowledge of English
* Certifications and/or proven proficiency in software development or requirements elicitation
* Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch