Design Engineer Mechanical/Electromechanical (Offshore Wind)
Belgium, Antwerp, Hoboken
Engineering / Projects
OFF00000163 Requisition #
As a major player in the growing European Offshore Wind Sector, the Offshore Wind division (location Hoboken) is seeking for a (m/f) Design Engineer Mechanical/Electromechanical. You will be responsible for the design, procurement and follow up of the installation on our yard of one or more auxiliary/ancillary system(s) for OHVS installations. You will work in multi-disciplinary project design team under the supervision of the Project Engineering Manager.
* prepare integrated concept designs, outline specifications, technical specifications for systems and equipment, functional specifications together with partners where appropriate
* translate client's and statutory requirements in appropriate technical documents (Request For Proposal - Technical part) to be used by the procurement team to obtain "best in class" conditions (at bidding phase and execution phase)
* accountable for the organization of Engineering efforts requested for the delivery of products according to customers' expectations and for their execution in compliance with the estimate
* lead the engineering activities for the allocated systems and monitor quality, assess input from engineering team, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
* prepare the Operations & Maintenance Manuals to be delivered to customers
* incorporate appropriate Maintenance Engineering in the design and provide support to the in house Monitoring & Maintenance department
* provide support towards Construction & Commissioning: Definition of procedures, tools & systems to organize the works for the construction of the products to be delivered (resources, tools, quality, H&S,…) - improve efficiency thanks to lessons learned ("learning team")
* university level degree, Master of Science in Engineering (Mechanical/Electromechanical)
* knowledge of engineering, procurement & construction activities optimization - learning organization is a clear asset
* communication skills: English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German is an added value
* able to manage good relationships with project management team, the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE Fabricom's interests
Constantly seeking innovative solutions, we developed the multidisciplinary concept of the Offshore High-Voltage Substation (OHVS) to optimize exporting power generated by a wind farm. Our capacity to take an OHVS project from the initial feed studies through to operation and maintenance and to deliver on-time has greatly contributed to an increasing number of wind farm investors calling on our involvement.
ENGIE Fabricom offers you
Working at ENGIE Fabricom is a challenge that opens up opportunities to participate in exciting projects in various sectors of activity. You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies. You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency. Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation.
Your HR contact person
Annick - 0478 88 63 34
Workplace: Leo Bosschartlaan 1 - 2660 Hoboken
* Posting Date: Feb 19, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.