Design Engineer (Fuel & spent fuel casks) - Nuclear
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001696 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Tractebel's Nuclear Entity seeks for its Nuclear Fuel & Casks Group (Mechanical Equipment) a (m/f) :
Design Engineer (Fuel & spent fuel casks)
The Working Environment
The Mechanical Equipment Department of the Nuclear Entity is in charge of the following tasks:
* Procurement of mechanical equipment, nuclear fuel and associated services
* Quality surveillance, supplier & repair qualification
* In-service inspection and plant ageing management
* Fuel quality control and handling
* Diversified expertise in mechanical equipment manufacturing & operation
In the framework of the current major projects related to Spent Nuclear Fuel Management [new spent fuel storage buildings, spent fuel storage casks, fuel repair, damaged fuel conditioning,
etc.], you will be in charge of the following activities in close relation with the Project Managers and the Customers:
* Drafting of requests for quotation, bid evaluation and Customer support for negotiation;
* Contract follow-up from the kick-off meeting to site delivery and acceptance tests;
* Equipment Manufacturing follow-up in close cooperation with the Quality Surveillance group and with the Customer;
* Supervision of interventions in nuclear power units;
* Assisting and technical expertise in support of Customers and Plant Operators;
* Interfacing between Utilities and Contractors;
* Assisting the plant operator and the Customer in meeting and technical discussions with the Belgian Safety Authorities;
* Organizing of and participating into reviewing activities of safety files for spent fuel casks and damaged spent fuel treatment.
Engineering degree, preferably in mechanics or electro-mechanics - nuclear engineering degree or similar education path is a strong advantage;
* 3 to 5-year experience; working experience in the nuclear sector is a strong advantage;
* Interest in design, manufacturing and site operation activities;
* Working knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
* Proactive, assertive, self-controlled personality;
* Used to work in a team;
* Analysis and synthesis skills;
* Common knowledge of MS Office applications;
* Accepting short missions abroad;
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Feb 1, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.