Design/ BIM Engineer
Design/ BIM Engineer Ghent
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group, has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of urban projects such as cities, transport, buildings and complex structures, water infrastructure, geo-engineering and environment. Tractebel's ambition is to shape a sustainable living environment.
The working environment
You are working as a Design/ BIM Engineer in our division Transport Infrastructure (Urban)
- You execute infrastructure projects, together with our team of experts, in close collaboration with the project leader.
- You carry out design work and keep up with new techniques and developments in your discipline.
- You assist the project leader with his management tasks.
- You communicate with other project disciplines, including structural, architectural, geotechnical, surveying, and other aspects of a project.
- You are reporting to the project leader and your team manager.
- You develop your technical skills (ACAD, Civil 3D ...).
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in the industrial engineering/civil engineering.
- You have 7 years of relevant work experience.
- You work on infrastructure projects, from primary roads to secondary roads, inclusive sewerage and drainage systems, bridges.
- You have experience with road design standards, methods and practices.
- You are structured and able to work independently and in a team setting.
- You have good communication skills, knowledge/interest/affinity with infrastructure and topography.
- You are a team player; dynamic, precise, solution-oriented and creative.
- You are mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term).
- You have a good command of at least two of the following languages, with excellent writing skills: Dutch - English - French.
- You have an international driving license / driving license "B".
- You have a very good knowledge of ACAD, 3D design packets (preference for Civil 3D).
- Experience with PIPES (Civil 3D) is a plus.
- Experience with GIS and BIM-packages (BIM360, Navisworks, ...) is recommended.
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
- Posting Date: Sep 8, 2020