Career Opportunities: Delivery Manager (43855)
Req Id 43855 - Posted 07/20/2018 - Liberty Global - Netherlands - Schiphol Rijk - Functional Area (1) - Full Time / Part Time (1) - Job Level (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Looking for talented people
Delivery Manager - B2B Sites and Commerce
Reporting to the Senior Manager Digital COE and overseeing a team of approximately 30+ FTEs; Delivery Manager Sites and Commerce will have responsibility for the Design, Build and QA of the Pan-European Online B2B Commerce Applications. Delivery Manager will work to maintain and improve the existing Online Websites at a satisfactory level, but will also work with the B2B divisions including the Customer Experience group to create a dynamic capability that allows for a compelling personalized customer experience across the Digital domain.
* Works with Product, Solution Design, Test, Release and Operations teams to translate the requirements of stakeholders to build and deploy Pan-European Commerce/Websites application that support the tactical execution of the digital business strategy.
* Proactively work to improve Online Commerce for all OpCos by working with Operations and other IT teams ensuring quality and reliability are hallmarks of the solutions provided.
* Owns unit, system & integration testing for all Online Commerce Applications ensuring quality and timely solutions are built within budget.
* Owns L4 support for the Online Commerce domain.
* Provides clear leadership to team ensuring the right knowledge and skill sets are in place to tactically deliver and support strategic objectives.
* Fosters a customer-focused approach and ensures effective team working; encourages ownership and initiative as well as ensuring that lessons are learnt after failures.
* Works as the single point of contact in the B2B commerce domain for the delivery of assigned country level programs.
* Maintains and improves relationships with key stakeholders and peers in the operating countries and key vendor partners across Europe.
* Assists B2B in vendor management (incl. contract & license management).
* Develops an effective partnership with suppliers and customers, establishing confidence and respect.
* Advises and influences business clients and customers, as a trusted partner, regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems. Represents T&I at a senior level, both externally and internally, for the T&I functions represented.
* Leads the ongoing evolution of the services and support delivered to Liberty Global customers, ensures alignment with industry direction and best practice to maximise value to Liberty Global as a whole.
* Manages budget for function and supports the annual budget submission.
* Within a budgetary framework and with full accountability, takes management responsibility for a complete IT function where the measure of success depends on achieving business goals, performance targets and agreed service levels as well as on the successful technical implementation or use of information systems.
Knowledge & Experience
Preferred education/ qualifications:
* Graduate level (Bachelors or higher) degree in a technical or related field. Significant technical centric job experience (10+ yrs plus) can count in place of technical degree.
* MBA a plus
Knowledge & Experience:
* Minimum 5 years previous relevant leadership experience gained within a large commercial environment
* Understanding of ITIL framework and processes highly desirable
* Understanding of TMForum eTOM, SID and TAM highly desirable
* Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps and ability to build strong teams around these delivery models.
* Significant experience in leading delivery teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Strong record of people management in a technical environment, including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills as well as helping team members set and achieve their career goals.
* Deep understanding of how to build online commerce and care applications and integrating to an underlying service layer (including experience with REST, JSON, XML, SOAP, Java, HTML5, CSS3, Node.js, AngularJS)
* Experience with building online applications with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM 6.2+)
* Experience with the Adobe Experience Cloud
* Deep understanding of industry Application Lifecycle Management tools
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across all functions
* Solid business planning experience, demonstrating a track record of success as a business leader and have the ability to collaborate with various departments to achieve mutual success
* Demonstrate the ability to influence senior stakeholders both financially and strategically
* Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided
* Experience of project management techniques including planning, demand management, resource allocation, prioritization and escalation
* Strong vendor management experience. Expertise in driving operational efficiencies through innovative partner and vendor management
* Demonstrate strong influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
* Significant negotiation skills, both commercially and complex delivery disciplines
* Demonstrates strong political awareness and influence
* Effectively gathers information, structures clear reasons for decisions and leads debate where required
* Demonstrates strong ability to work under pressure with multiple competing priorities.
* Strong ability to work logically through a fault timeline.
* Strong ability to create and maintain process adherence
* Demonstrates the ability to relate technical faults to financial and customer impact both for them but also to articulate in a meaningful way for the teams
About Liberty Global
Liberty Global is the world's largest international TV and broadband company, with operations in 12 European countries under the consumer brands UPC, Virgin Media, Unitymedia and Telenet. We invest in the infrastructure and digital platforms that empower our customers to make the most of the video, internet and communications revolution. Our substantial scale and commitment to innovation enable us to develop market-leading products delivered through next-generation networks that connect over 22 million customers subscribing to more than 46 million TV, broadband internet and telephony services. We also serve over 6 million mobile subscribers and offer WiFi service through 10 million access points across our footprint.
In addition, Liberty Global owns 50% of VodafoneZiggo, a joint venture in the Netherlands with 4 million customers subscribing to 10 million fixed-line and 5 million mobile services, as well as significant content investments in ITV, All3Media, LionsGate, Formula E racing series and several regional sports networks.
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend's email address:
Maximum character limit: 1000
*Confirm you are not a robot: