Back to search result
DEV Engineer Sepa Direct Debit payments
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2019-03-07 Requisition ID
055830 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
Dev Engineer Sepa Direct Debit payments
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing in the SEPA Direct Debit application. You learn to understand the entire stack, so that you can bring services into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
* You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
* You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
* You are able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
* You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
* Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (environments are : local, integration, iota, acceptance and production)
* Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality
Contribute to team and personal development
* You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
* You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
* Passion for IT
* Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
* End-to-end ownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
* Continuous improvement mindset
Experience and specialised knowledge
* Experience working in Agile organisation and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery, automated testing).
* Ability to master several engineering skills :
* Coding in COBOL, as the application runs on a mainframe
* Unit Testing
* Continuous integration and delivery (Compile, Build, Package, Deploy)
* Database (Unisys DMSII) & Middleware (Fire/Forget, Request/Reply, File transfer)
* Broad understanding of banking payments domains and consumer needs
Education and Professional certifications
* Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent by experience
* Good written and spoken knowledge of English
* Certifications and/or proven proficiency in COBOL programming language
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch