Data Managementt Solution Architect
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
The working environment
Digital transformation, data centricity and innovation are paramount today to develop leading positions and to improve business competitiveness. Tractebel makes no exception.
The Data Management Group, part of the Technical Direction in the Business Entity Belgium of Tractebel, is by nature at the heart of this exciting challenge.
We are looking for an enthusiast Solution Architect, passionate about Data Management in general, to help Tractebel make a difference in this bright digital future.
As a member of the Data Management group, you report to the Group Manager and will be in charge of activities such as:
* Be the link between the business and the technology.
* Ensure Technology solutions are fully vetted and delivered with value-added results.
* Lead the functional requirements collection (through workshops with the customers or other approaches), scope definition, technical proposal and budget definition of projects.
* Organize and lead the IT development team.
* Implement Agile methods and related state of the art management and development tools (Jira, Confluence, Git, etc.).
* Analyse the existing technology stack and design best in class solutions to meet the business goals. Design architectural solutions that suitably translate into effectual, scalable and robust implementations in close collaboration with the IT development team.
* Define a roadmap for a Tractebel solution for a CDE (Common Data Environment) in the context of BIM (Building Information Model) projects to efficiently collaborate across teams within Tractebel and with external partners.
* Guaranty and monitor alignment with Engie technical governance and choices (preferred technologies, security, GDPR, license, etc.) for new and existing applications.
* Follow-up ongoing projects, assure robust delivery of services by the team.
* Oversee all aspects of a systems solution configuration management, prepare application roadmaps to maintain the health of the application portfolio.
* Interface and collaborate with other Tractebel, Engie or external service providers teams (hardware, software, data) for the most efficient delivery of services.
* Develop innovative solutions using state of the heart data science tools and techniques to bring added value solutions to the organisation.
* Promote the data culture, digitalization and innovation in the organisation to help people imagine new or more effective approaches for their business.
* Help define and roll-out the Data Management roadmap, to implement best practices (data dictionary, master data management, BPM, etc.) to become data centric.
* Provide mentorship about digital solutions and data management.
* You have a technical-oriented master degree, in computer science or equivalent by experience.
* You have a strong and diverse IT background (computer languages (ASP.Net, Java, PL SQL, Python, R, etc.), libraries, frameworks and API ; database (Oracle, SQL Server, graph databases, etc.) ; application development ; cybersecurity ; network ; hardware ; etc.). You are a kind of geek.
* You have more than 5 years of relevant experience in an equivalent function (as Solution Architect or in Data Management). You have proven application development and data management expertise. DMBOK certification is a plus.
* You have experience with the deployment and follow-up of solutions on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and potentially Azure.
* You are a natural team leader.
* You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to distil and convey complex information to multiple stakeholders.
* You can convince and involve people; you are good at presenting.
* You demonstrate a passion for data and in discovering the potential it holds.
* You are autonomous with strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
* You are quality and result oriented, hands-on and self-motivated.
* You are eager (and take initiatives) to acquire new knowledge and improve working methods.
* You have a French/Dutch working knowledge and are comfortable at English writing and communication.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Oct 25, 2019