Location BRUSSEL - BRUXELLES, BELGIUM
Experience level Experienced Hire
Job details sector Information Technology
Share offer Facebook Twitter Linkedin
AXA Belgium is recruiting a Data Engineer in the "Big Data" department. As a Data Engineer you work closely together with the Data Architect to help realize solutions that innovates the use of data. You will focus on the transformation and delivery of new data into our Datalake and help exposing this data towards our business clients.
* You support the business to transform their requirements into concrete solutions
* You work in a fast-paced environment in which the technologies are constantly evolving
* You maintain the on-premise data lake environment which is currently running on Cloudera and prepare the migration towards the cloud (AWS/Azure)
* You maintain the data product pipelines feeding the data lake
* You recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
* You have minimum 3 years of experience with ICT projects (preferably covering both Software and Hardware)
* You have a strong experience in development with Java, Scala, Python
* You have some knowledge of continuous developments / deployment concepts (GIT, SBT/Maven, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory…)
* You have experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Hive, HBase, …)
* An experience with SQL-like data manipulation is a must (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
* You have knowledge of Linux environment
* You have good communication skills (English is a must, French or Dutch is a plus)
* You are a team player
* You have experience in Agile development Methodologies like Scrum, etc.
Nice to have:
* Experience with web-services development (Rest or SOAP)
* Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure)
* Docker and orchestration platform (Kubernetes)
* NoSQL: MongoDB or Elasticsearch
* Cloudera Stack
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission? Empower people to live a better life.
Our values? Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA is market leader in the insurance sector in Belgium, with a strong presence in financial services as well. Did you also know that in Belgium nearly 3 million clients put their trust in us at all crucial moments in their lives? No matter what happens, we are always here for them, today and tomorrow! That is why we constantly reinvent ourselves and thus our Way of Working focuses on welfare, diversity and inclusion. And on your talents, on your experience. Discover what we mean. An exciting job with a focus on your talents, and on…
1. Our inclusive and diverse policy: See what we mean by 'I can be me'.
2. Development and support: a welcome day, 'Learning on the Job' and a broad range of courses, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
3. Our 'New Way of Working': working independently, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working from home part time and organising your day autonomously.
4. Your welfare, focused on prevention: through countless options for sports, our ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, delicious and varied lunches, check-ups, vaccinations,
5. A salary package standing out in the market: Besides your gross salary you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive advantages in our cafeteria plan, and benefit from fully refunded commuting, discounts on our banking and insurance products. And of course, at AXA, you receive a competitive and extensive insurance package.
Explore your new workplace https://youtu.be/Bc-r3i8G4s8