KPMG’s Information Protection Services (IPS), a service line of Technology Advisory, is a team of security specialists, technology enthusiasts and privacy experts working as trusted advisors to clients in a wide range of sectors worldwide. We help our clients in facing interesting challenges in the field of cyber security.
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for motivated Cyber Security Advisor(s) who are passionate about IT security. If you know that public keys are not used to unlock cars and sandboxes are not used to build sand castles, please read ahead!
Roles and Responsibilities
Our team is multi-disciplinary and we all work on different types of projects throughout the year. Depending on your interests and skills, as well as our clients’ demands, you’ll be working with our clients on:
• Performing internal and external penetration tests and vulnerability scans of networks.
• Wearing the black hat, executing realistic cyberattacks as part of red team exercises.
• Joining the blue team to improve their detection and response skills.
• Providing insights on techniques used by hackers as part of user awareness sessions.
• Finding the needle in the haystack in light of incident response assignments.
• Assisting clients in building their cyber resilience as part of improvement roadmaps.
• Writing reports (in English) and presenting to business and IT representatives.
• Helping in further growing our business by maintaining client contacts and participating at events.
Qualifications and Skills
• You have a degree in Computer Science, Applied Informatics, Business Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• Relevant professional certifications such as GCFA, GCFE, OSCP, OSCE, CISSP or CISM are all considered a plus.
• You have 2-4 years of professional experience working in a relevant cyber security field.
• You have hands-on experience in one (or preferably more) of the following information protection areas:
• Penetration Testing / Ethical Hacking
• Red/Blue Teaming
• Network Engineering
• Security Operations Centers (SOCs)
• Cyber Incident Response
• You have hands-on experience with one or more programming/scripting languages.
• You have a strong understanding of IT networks and components.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English. French and Dutch are considered a plus.
• You are organized and can meet deadlines, manage your own schedule and the schedule of the team.
• You enjoy learning new tools, techniques and can develop your skills independently and in team-settings.
• You excel at working both independently and in team.
• You can think outside the box to find solutions to interesting problems.
At KPMG you are appreciated for your professional skills and expertise. Surrounded by a coherent team and an international network of likeminded professionals, you will find the knowledge and atmosphere that is enriching for your career. You will be working for a wide range of clients advising them on challenging cyber security issues. Besides a competitive remuneration package, we offer you a great number of extra-legal advantages as well as the opportunity to leave a footprint in KPMG’s global network. We will provide you with continuous support in your professional development and career opportunities.