CWE Power Intraday Optimizer
CWE Power Intraday Optimizer
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region
Trading / Portfolio management
Global Energy Management
GLO00000520 Requisition #
WHO WE ARE
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE's Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
The CWE Power Intraday Optimizer manages the real-time commitment of the ENGIE power production for CWE meaning Belgium, France, Netherlands and Germany. He acts as a SPOC for production BUs and for the TSOs in the different countries, managing our real-time contractual obligations linked to ancillary services. He optimizes the ENGIE portfolio position on the imbalance market and maximize the value of the TSO ancillary services contracts.
MAIN ACTIVITIES & CHALLENGES
Portfolio Expertise and Representation
* Develop and Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the CWE power portfolio
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our balancing obligations in the different balancing zones
* Assist/participate to the assumptions book meetings organized by Transversal/DQM
* Check that new asset, DSM and sales contracts are correctly represented in the tools and processes used by the Dispatch
Balancing & Ancillary markets expertise
* Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the CWE balancing & ancillary markets
Operations &Real Time Optimization
* Deliver the physical commitments (incl. ancillary services) and ensure the portfolio balance in CWE
* Manage the contractual balance between the total power plant production and the real off-take demand of our clients; to keep this balance you will have to interact with the power plant responsible, the sales load forecasting team, and the power Transmission System Operator
* Make sure that the portfolio is properly represented (Sales, Wind, Non-flexible and Flexible assets). In particular, be explicit in the continuous representation of the marginal/opportunity costs of the different portfolio elements
* Support Short Term trading (STT) in the design ID Strategies (ABT) for maximizing the value of the portfolio. Provide real-time information like : real-time power plant availability; ancillary service activation; customer load balancing information; pricing information as input for intraday market activity.
* Optimize the portfolio positions and optionality in real time on the imbalance markets
* Maximize the value of the ancillary services contracts towards TSO. These services include: activation and follow up of ancillary services as contracted by the TSO execution of incremental or decremental power plant production orders of the TSO
* Produce timely the different reports and the relevant KPIs
* Ensure correct and complete deal capturing
Link with Generation and TSO
* Interface towards Generation for the intraday period
* Interface towards Grid Operators for asset related topics for intraday. Act as a single point of contact towards the power grid operator for the intra-day execution and follow up of ancillary services
* Ensure compliance with external regulation (eg REMIT).
Projects & Support to other teams
* participate proactively in projects and the update and creation of procedures, processes and IT applications within the scope of Power Dispatch (approx. 30% of your time).
* interact on a regular basis with the Power Dispatch Coordinators and the Country Power Coordinator.
* Participate to the other PAM teams meeting with an interest on Power Dispatch activities
Education & professional background
* You have a Master degree in engineering or economics
* Experience in one of the aspects of risk management or portfolio management or power generation is considered as a strong asset
* You write and speak fluently Dutch and have a good understanding of German, English and French
* You demonstrate a pragmatic, economic and logical attitude combined with problem solving skills
* You are able to perform in stressful circumstances with tight deadlines
* You have a clear and structured communication and good analytical skills
* You are willing to work in shifts (24/7)
* An interesting and varied permanent job in an international environment
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits (insurance packages, company car, mobile phone, net allowance, meal vouchers, individual and collective bonus,...)
* Posting Date: Sep 3, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.