Corporate security manager
Legal - Security
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About our corporate/support function
A global organisation. It's not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore's growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve - whether it's by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we've already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Corporate security manager, you promote the security community, are an expert in security legislation for all countries where Umicore has an interest and are the project manager for security related initiatives on multi-site level.
Set up and manage the internal security community
* You organize exchanges of best practices and organize, in an adequate format, workshops, seminars, info sessions on security related topics.
* You actively promote and facilitate the working of the security community.
* You provide training to the security ambassadors and use "the train the trainer" principle.
Manage security incidents
* In collaboration with the Corporate Security Officer (CSO).
* You follow up of security incidents and assist the BU's in collecting, analysing and reporting security and integrity related cases.
* You perform assessment based on security and integrity related data and prepare a monthly security reporting that can be send out to the security community and the BU's.
Control of Business Partner Screening (BPS)
* You assist the CSO when performing BPS on the high risk cases.
* You assess the correct use of the BPS tools and info sources and check if the BSP is correctly documented in the different BU's.
* You perform a regular audit on the BPS. Work together with trade compliance and the compliance officer of the BU for this audit.
* You adapt the supply chain security guideline, based on the evaluation of the risks and the changes in legal framework.
* You take the lead as project manager in some specific projects that are multi -site and multi-BU such as the improvement of the protection of knowledge and of intellectual property.
* You contribute to cross-functional improvement projects in security related fields.
* You inspire, initiate and supervise security and integrity improvement projects.
* You advise and support the BU's and corporate functions on the evolution of legislation in the domain of security: ALM; fraud, integrity, data protection, physical security, cybercrime,…
* You make a comprehensive summary and inform Umicore people who need to know, depending on the subject and the region.
Data protection - GDPR
* You follow the requests of data subjects and prepare an answer within the legally foreseen timing.
* You assist the Data Protection manager with implementation of GDPR in the Umicore group.
Who we are looking for
* You hold a Master degree.
* You have at least 5-year work experience in a security related domain, experience in a high tech industrial environment is a plus.
* You are fluent in English, both written and spoken and a good knowledge of Dutch and/or French, and/or German.
* You have knowledge on organizational security management, fraud, risk management and project management.
* You are pragmatic, solution-oriented with strong communication skills.
* You are willing to travel abroad.
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?