Corporate Legal Counsel
Belgium, Flemish-Brabant , Linkebeek
R & D / Laboratories
LAB00000318 Requisition #
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in renewable energy technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole energy value chain, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralization, decarbonisation and digitalization.
All forms of energy generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from solid fuels like biomass and organic waste. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Corporate Legal Counsel
ENGIE Laborelec is seeking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to give accurate and comprehensive advice to senior management and other internal customers regarding a variety of legal matters, such as corporate law and corporate governance, commercial and contract law, insurance law, mergers and acquisitions, ethical matters, etc.
The Corporate Legal Counsel will report directly to the Strategy and Support Services Director and will, amongst others, be required to:
* Work closely with the operational teams to learn and understand the business and associated challenges, opportunities and risks.
* Analyse, summarize, negotiate and draft contracts as well as other transactional matters.
* Represent the company externally, in litigation and transactional matters arising from day-to-day operations.
* Maintain a proactive and pragmatic approach in helping to identify and minimize risks to the company.
* Work autonomously on larger acquisition files.
* Perform special projects as assigned.
As the company's Legal Counsel, you will be part of the Engie and Tractebel legal community, which will give you the opportunity to participate in Group meetings and create a strong internal network.
* You have a law degree from a Belgian university.
* You have at least 10 years of experience as a legal professional specialized in corporate or commercial law. Experience in a similar (mid-size) company context is a plus.
* You have a good knowledge of insurance and civil law matters.
* You are able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
* You can work independently and bring up pragmatic solutions instead of problems.
* You have excellent collaboration and diplomatic skills, as well as a sense of discretion and confidentiality.
* You have strong verbal and written communication skills (in Dutch, French and English).
We offer you
* a competitive salary with numerous benefits (such as a company car)
* a wide range of responsibilities and development opportunities
* a healthy work/life balance with large flexibility
* an exciting career in a leading competence centre, with prospects within the ENGIE group, the international energy player of which ENGIE Laborelec is a part.
* Posting Date: Feb 21, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.