Cook (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Cook
Under the direction of the Station Commander, the incumbent will perform duties - pertaining to the catering within SGS - such as the following:
- Managing a self-sustainable catering system for the SGS Station's kitchen and cafeteria;
-Organising of catering requirements within the site for all site personnel and occasional visitors;
- Ensuring a sanitized and orderly environment is maintained in the kitchen, respecting HACCP regulations at all times, and ensuring all food items and other items are stored, accounted for and managed correctly;
- Quality assurance of all ingredients;
- Preparation of workstations with required ingredients and kitchen utensils;
- Preparation and cooking of food, ensuring good standard of presentation by dressing dishes prior to being served;
- Ensuring kitchen area, cafeteria, equipment and utensils are appropriately sanitized;
- Advising site personnel in regards to application of HACCP regulations at all times;
- Performing all catering related duties requested by Station Command related to the daily functioning of the Site, position of the Site within NCIA, Customer and the local community;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Education:
- Good standard of general education, with a minimum of 2 years post related experience;
- At least 2 years relevant experience in running a kitchen and catering facility;
- Diploma from a culinary school;
- Training and recognized in-date certification in food-handling and the use of food related products, and catering/kitchen utilities;
- In date First-Aid at work certification;
- Essential experience in:
* Related food and beverage service and food preparation;
* Hot and cold food preparation and delivery;
* Accepted sanitation standards and health codes;
* Use of slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors and other kitchen equipment and utensils;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally, using tact and diplomacy.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- A basic knowledge of Dutch is desired as role involves ability to order groceries and products locally;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of Customer responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/NO/New/3789
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Kester, Belgium
Date posted 03 December, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address