Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions
A global organization. It's not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore's growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve - whether it's by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who van build on what we've already achieved. The variety of work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Corporate and SOF Controlling team is in charge of the full financial reporting cycle of all Corporate, IT and P&T departments and Umicore Marketing Services. We are looking for an employee to reinforce the team.
* Supporting the financial closing, and contributing to financial reporting
* Performing the required calculations to establish the accounting entries to be made
* Communicating this to the central accounting department to make and verify the entries
* Assist in the budget and planning exercise by providing the templates, collecting and processing the returned data and summarizing the information for further analysis.
* Support in the timekeeping process at IT (creating codes, follow-up completeness,..) and the follow-up of the relationship with external contractors.
* Preparing the various financial and KPI reports (SAP, Excel and/or Cognos based)
* Reporting or preparing specific reports for internal use in order to have a clear and specific overview.
Who we are looking for
* You have minimum a Bachelor degree, preferable in finance
* You have sound knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of SAP or Cognos is a plus.
* Fluent in English as well written as spoken, other languages like Dutch, French or German are a plus
* You have an analytical mind; you are flexible, hard-working, accurate and you can prioritize in accordance with given deadlines.
* You work in an efficient and structured way.
* You are customer-focused and you treat internal or external customers' questions professionally.
* You are prepared to learn new things and to improve yourself.
* You report to the Senior Manager Corporate and SOF Controlling
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
WE CAN BECOME A WORLD LEADER IN RECYCLING AND CLEAN MOBILITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?