Contract Manager - NUCLEAR
Belgium, Brussels, Brussels, Brussels - ENGIE Tower
Engineering / Projects
NUC00000516 Requisition #
Contract Manager - Nuclear
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
The 'Nuclear Engineering Management" department focusses on the management of the internal engineering activities delivered by various competence centres working on Engie Electrabel, international and other third parties projects. It is in charge of the technical & layout coordination, of the engineering tools & methods like planning, layout drawings or the Building Interface Modelling, of the contract management and of the animation of the Contract Owners community of practice.
The "Procurement & Contract Management" group is part of the "Nuclear Engineering Management" department.
The group is in charge of managing the contractual aspects of Agreements concluded with Contractors either on behalf of ENGIE Electrabel or on behalf of any other Clients outside the ENGIE group. The group is also involved in the management of Tractebel ENGIE EPC/Turnkey contracts.
The "Contract Manager" is involved within the procurement process until the signature of a contract, supports the Tractebel Contract Owner and the Project Manager for contractual aspects during the execution of the contract and animates the Tractebel Contract Owners community of practice.
The "Contract Manager" reports to the "Procurement & Contract Management" group Manager.
As Contract Manager you will be in charge of the following specific tasks in support of the project teams:
Before contract signature
* review the contractual documents before call for tender (review of the technical part is limited to meetings with the Contract Owner to understand the scope, limits of supply, planning constrains, interfaces with other markets, consistency in between contractual documents…);
* review the proposals and contribute to the proposals clarification and comparison processes;contribute together with Buyers and other team members to the negotiations prior to the contract signature;
* review the final contract drafting before signature by the customer;
After contract signature
* ensure that guidelines and rules related to contract management are are properly and efficiently implemented;
* follow the execution of the contract (notifications, matching of works progress with contract constrains, check of invoices in relation with works progress, review and management of change orders,…) in order to protect the interest of the Clients and to ensure the full execution of the contract by the Contractor;
* provide active support to project management and site management in risk and opportunity management, contract & claim management strategy and implementation of solutions towards optimizing project execution and maximizing financial project results whilst maintaining quality and in accordance with project time schedule;
* identify and document discrepancies between contract performance and related provisions of the contracts and contribute together with Buyers, Contract Owner and the support of other team members to the negotiations related to the performance of the contract;
* support the change order and the claim management during the contract execution;
* prepare periodic contractual status review meetings with the Client and Project Management
As member of the "Procurement & Contract Management" Group, you will:
* Activlely participates to the implementation of experience feedbackand evolutions into these rules and guidelines managed inside the "Procurement & Contract Management" group;
* Upon request, supply Contract Management training
You are based in Brussels with frequent presence on Doel/Tihange sites.
You occasionally travel outside Belgium
* You are preferably an engineer with technical knowledge and background in power plants or in design engineering projects;
* You have at least 5 years of professional experience in contract management;
* You are pragmatic, dynamic, stress resilient, rigorous and well-organized with coaching abilities;
* You can work autonomously;
* You have strong organization, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
* You are a team player, at ease with contacts and have a conflict management ability
* You have the ability to work proactively
* You have the ability to work collaboratively and build strong productive relationships across organizations
* You have good spoken, writing and reading skills in English. Knowledge of both French and Dutch country languages is preferred;
* You are eligible to the Nuclear Security Clearance;
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Sep 2, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.