Contract Management Manager - Nuclear
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001705 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Tractebel's Nuclear Entity seeks for its "Contract Management" group ("Nuclear Engineering Management" department") a :
Contrat Management Manager
The working environment
The 'Nuclear Engineering Management" department focusses on the management of the internal engineering activities delivered by various competence centres working on Engie Electrabel, international and other third parties projects. It is in charge of the technical & layout coordination, of the engineering tools & methods like planning, layout drawings or the Building Interface Modelling, of the contract management and of the animation of the Contract Owners community of practice.
The "Contract Management" group which is part of the "Nuclear Engineering Management" department is in charge of managing the contractual aspects of agreements with external suppliers for Engie Electrabel or any other Clients, and for Tractebel Engie EPC contracts. The "Contract Management" group" leads the procurement process until the signature of a contract, supports the Contract Owner and the Project Manager for contractual aspects during the execution of the contract and animates the Contract Owners community of practice.
* You manage the activities of a team of Contract Managers and Project Buyers. This will include:
* Ensure that Contract Management rules and guidelines are properly and efficiently implemented into all projects. You promote and control the Contract Management consistency as a whole;
* Ensure the implementation of experience feedback and evolutions into these rules and guidelines;
* Organise and manage the allocation of team members on projects including balancing workloads, setting assignments and priorities;
* Ensure the execution of tasks in due time, with the required level of quality and within the agreed budget;
* Manage, supervise, coordinate, follow up and assist the team during the project execution and their relationship with the Project Managers, Experts, Contract Owners and Managers;
* Take over the lead and support for critical and important projects if needed. As such act as a Contract Manager and/or Project Buyer;
* Be the Business Process Owner for Procurement & Contract management;
* Be the point of contact for internal customers and departments by providing quotations for the activities of the Contract Management Group;
* Maintain a close collaboration with the Engie Electrabel customer and be a single point of contact with their Procurement service;
* Animate the Contract Owners community. Issue good practices and guidelines. Provide trainings.
* As a hierarchical manager, you will:
+ Identify the knowledge and expertise required to accomplish the tasks assigned to their group. Develop the competences of your team;
+ Follow up, evaluate, give feedback, animate and motivate your team;
+ Help team members by proposing and developing practical approaches for internal and external customers.
* You are responsible for the proper application of QHSE rules and procedures;
* As a member of the Management Team of the department you report to the Department Manager "Nuclear Engineering Management";
* You are based in Brussels with frequent presence on Doel/Tihange sites. You occasionally travel outside Belgium.
* You are engineer or lawyer with technical knowledge and background in power plants;
* You have at least 10 years of professional experience in contract management (EPC and EPCM contracting);
* You are a pragmatic, dynamic, stress resilient, rigorous and well-organized manager with coaching abilities. You can work autonomously;
* You have strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills. You are a team player, at ease with contacts;
* You have good spoken, writing and reading skills in English and French or Dutch. Knowledge of both country languages is preferred;
* You are eligible to the Nuclear Security Clearance;
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Feb 4, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.