Construction Manager Offshore Substations
Belgium, Flanders , Antwerp
Installation / Construction
OFF00000130 Requisition #
As European market leader in providing OHVS (offshore high-voltage substations), we are looking for an experienced Construction Manager for our Offshore Division in Hoboken / Antwerp:
The main role is the management and control of all activities related to construction of agreed deliverables, so that the required tasks can be executed in accordance with the specifications, the regulations and the budget. This role will be performed through the coordination of the required technical/operational expertise from the construction teams aiming at executing technical solutions responding to customer needs while preserving industrial interests in terms of costs, delivery, constraints and risks incurred. You report to the Project Manager.
* contract compliance & translation: you analyse the technical specifications, construction planning, resourcing and set up plan of action
* work preparation & project execution: you see to the processing of the authorised construction drawings, coordinate, follow up & adjust the construction works (including work preparation, document control, logistics, QC, purchasing, subcontracting,…), in order to deliver a product, in conformity with schedule, subcontracting budget, security & productivity requirements
* documentation & reporting: you are responsible for productivity, correct documentation of construction work and administrative documentation related to compliance to scope. You ensure the availability of up to date lists of deliverables, the compilation of process & manufacturing references and input documents for complete & accurate construction reporting
* risk control & HSEQ: identifying risks during the construction & developing action plans to propose suggestions with respect to the control of identified risk areas, commanding & controlling the construction realisation (in consultation with the HSEQ reponsibles) to guarantee that priority is given to HSEQ when stipulating the environmental circumstances & the execution of the work processes. You are responsible for the correct implementation of safety and security procedures and instructions
* team management: you manage & supervise the Construction team, integrating subcontractors & co-workers from supporting services in order to have co-workers with the proper competencies (knowledge, skills & attitude) at the proper positions/functions who are efficiently working together as one team
* you are bachelor or master in engineering (by preference: electrical) with a solid experience in project and/or construction management
* you have broad general technical knowledge and more specific specialized in electricity and instrumentation
* you have adequate knowledge of mechanical constructions, supporting systems, etc
* you are able to manage good relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE Fabricom's interests
* you have excellent communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value
* you have proven leadership capabilities: supervising a large team of superintendents, supervisors, foremen and electricians
* you are decisive and persistent
ENGIE Fabricom offers you
Working at ENGIE Fabricom is a challenge that opens up opportunities to participate in exciting projects in various sectors of activity. You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies. You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency. Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation.
Your HR contact person
Annick Verelst - +32 478 88 63 34
Workplace: Hoboken (Antwerp)
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.