Commercial Strategy Lead PPSI PVM
Date: Oct 12, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Global Padsevonil Patient Solution Lead
Lead the evolution of the Patient Value Ambition for padsevonil (PSL)
* Lead collaborative efforts to define how padsevonil creates value for patients : lead efforts to clearly articulate PSL patient value ambition in the targeted population(s) in relevant geographies based on scientific evidence available; drive discussions with key functions (Clinical Development, Access, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Technical Operations) to evolve the Target Patient Value Profile (TPVP) with a clear connection between the patient value ambition and the various functional strategies and plans.
* Keep track of the environment changes that may impact the TPVP and lead efforts to collaboratively review the need for a change to the TPVP; initiate regular dialogues with relevant members in the USA, Europe, Japan and China ; discuss and ensure implementation of agreed changes in a timely manner.
Create an insight-driven global PSL launch strategy that will deliver unique value for patients, clinicians and payers ; Leads its adoption and implementation
* Gain a thorough understanding of patient needs : work to understand patient needs and treatment gaps in UCB strategic geographies (US, EU, Japan, China) in order to evaluate how PSL can deliver optimized value to patients.
* Build a launch strategy with key partners from Mission, nPVU and Practices ; responsible for gaining nPVULT and ExCOm support for strategic direction and implementation plan.
* Lead a team of UCB stakeholders across disciplines (Research, Pre-clinical, Clinical development, Medical affairs, Regulatory and Market access) to identify key activities to support PSL launch, map milestones and measure progress against key metrics to provide UCB with an assessment of launch readiness.
Lead the strategic analytical thinking to enable accurate PSL Global forecasts
* Lead the alignment across regions on key commercial assumptions going into the forecast model (10YP) for padsevonil; Work with nPVU leads and Access leads in country to agree on key assumptions; own these assumptions, and be the go-to person for all functions including Finance, Clinical Development and Technical Operations when they need to be shared or reviewed.
* Develop and maintain strategic dashboards to track the evolution of our competitive environment.
* Drive, in collaboration with Access Lead, the development of pricing and access scenarios and strategies to prepare for successful launch.
In the future (2020 onwards), leads the development and implementation of the global commercial strategy that will be executed at country level.
* Educated to a Bachelors level, in a relevant life sciences or business related discipline
* Specific Marketing qualifications or MBA (optional)
* In-depth knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry and related business compliance
* 10+ years of successful assignments in country level sales, marketing, and other commercial functions
* Successful assignments in regional / international marketing ; US Experience is a must.
* Brand development work with experience in positioning and patient segmentation
* Product launch experience from at least Ph 3 through to commercialization
* Line management experience
* Demonstration of successful working relationships with external stakeholders / KOLs
* Therapeutic area experience in neurology (optional)
Required Skills - General
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
* Marketing excellence with knowledge of key approaches, critical steps
* Excellent communication skills with individuals with different cultural, professional and academic backgrounds, including the ability to simplify complex issues
* Builds actively on long-term relationships, both internally and externally across different functions
* Strategic thinking, problem-solving ability, customer focus, and commitment to quality
* Demonstrated ability to use MS Excel for modeling, financial analysis, and management of tasks, as well as MS PowerPoint
Specific Skills / Behaviors
* Proactive & results driven
* Entrepreneurial, positive, collaborative and can-do attitude
* Scientifically inquisitive
* Ability to lead cross-functional projects across matrix and geographies
* Excellent command of written and spoken English
* Strong understanding of principles of good scientific and commercial communication and clear messaging to enable ease of understanding by target audiences
Job Segment: Neurology, Medical, Law, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Strategy