SM API Cluster STOP Management Lead - MAKE Asset Management
Multiple Locations: Geel, Belgium; Athens, Georgia; Cork, Ireland
Functions: Engineering (Generalist)
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 00001ES8
In the chemical process industry Turn Arounds, Shutdowns or STOP moments are a well-known challenge. In just a few days a significant part of a Site's annual CAPEX and maintenance budget 'gets burned' to execute a large amount of maintenance work orders and engineering projects that cannot be safely executed in a chemical plant in a running state.
Typically, multiple equipment suppliers, specialized service partners and contractors are involved to perform the stop.
Such a STOP is a 'moment of truth', as it involves significant safety and business continuity risks if works are not meticulously prepared and scheduled. Are you a seasoned technical leader that is ready to meet the challenge of managing the STOP processes for the Sites within the SM API cluster? Than you may be the talent we are looking for…
MAKE Asset Management (MAM) is committed to deliver reliable, competitive and innovative Asset Management across the Janssen MAKE network. MAM provides agile, future proofed, data driven services and solutions to enable MTO platforms to flawlessly supply our customers. MAM establishes effective internal and external partnerships and fosters an empowered environment that fuels diversity, talent and expertise.
The Cluster STOP Management Lead is a member of the SM API MAM Cluster Risk Management Team.
This multidisciplinary team of Subject Matter Experts drives qualitative and sustainable continuous improvements as well as transformational process & system changes.
Specifically, areas of responsibility for the Risk Management team include:
* Technical Safety (EHS²) & Compliance
* Technical Quality (Q) & Compliance
* Manufacturing Asset Reliability
* Data and document management
* Business continuity risk associated to the STOP-process (aka. Turn Around or Shutdown)
* Business risk associated to entrusting technical activities to external partners
Stops sustain, restore or improve the technical integrity, reliability and/or availability of technical assets and/or introduce new manufacturing capabilities.
The Cluster STOP Management Lead owns the STOP management process and ensures that STOP teams are effectively using best practices and tools as laid out in the STOP roadmap to adequately mitigate potential risks, timely deliver in full the STOP scope and objectives and effectively manage costs within the STOP budget.
Your tasks and responsibilities in this team include:
* Responsible for the development of a best-in-class standardized Cluster stop roadmap along with supporting best practices, guidelines and tools for the various STOP management aspects (organization, management & control, scoping, planning, scheduling, risk management, cost management, contracting, EHS2 and Quality, …).
* Working collaboratively with Cluster Leadership and Global Supply Chain Planning to define the boundaries and long-term objectives (strategic planning) for the STOP process
(e.g. 'do we need a STOP every year? Can we extend time between stops to optimize asset utilization? ...).
* Working collaboratively with Business Unit Leaders and STOP teams to define goals and objectives for each individual STOP.
* Development and deployment of process confirmation tools to drive consistent application of STOP processes across the Cluster.
* Driving continuous improvement in EHS^2 and business performance through development and deployment of process performance KPI (safety performance, hands on tool time, adherence to milestones and integrated schedule, budget adherence …), benchmarking with industry peers, conducting lessons learned sessions, participation in STOP Communities of Practices etc.
* Providing training to STOP teams, external partners and contractors and Management roles on the objectives and methodologies of the STOP management process.
* Developing and implementing contracting/sourcing strategies for STOPS in collaboration with the services team.
* Establishing and management of effective communication with stakeholders (STOP Teams, MAM Cluster positions, Cluster Leadership Team, Quality, EHS, …)
* Providing oversight for all phases of the STOP process. Facilitate scope challenges, cost assessments, integrated schedule risk optimization; conduct walk downs during execution, lessons learned sessions and ensure gap closure plans are developed and implemented.
* Support the STOP Process Execution Owner in the implementation phase, validating the work progress and discuss operational issues. Act as STOP Process Execution Owner for the implementation phase for selected STOPS
(leading the execution team through successful rundown phase, technical window and -up phase).
* Support other processes in the Risk Management team (particularly External Services / Partnership management).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's or advanced degree in engineering.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in a chemical process plant or comparable environment is required.
* A minimum of 5 to 10 years of technical leadership experience in project management, construction management, portfolio planning for complex programs, scheduling, execution and project controls required. Prior maintenance experience is highly desired.
* People and organizational leadership skills including strategic leadership, management of multiple stakeholders, championing change, communication effectiveness, influencing skills, driving and managing teamwork and managerial agility.
* Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision and to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities and multiple and diverse issues is required. Documented success in achieving company goals required.
* Strong business acumen and financial background required; knowledge of cost accounting practices associated with Turnaround/Project Management required.
* Strategic focus and a proven track record of continuous improvement, including cost reduction and reliability improvement in a manufacturing environment.
* Must have strong affinity for fact-based and data-driven process thinking and LEAN process design.
* Knowledge of Process Safety Management for the Chemical Process industry and construction safety is required.
* Knowledge of Quality requirements in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable (cGMP, ICH Q7, APIC …).
* Experience in developing partnerships with external partners to support shutdown activities.
* Ability and willingness to travel in support of STOP process standardization, peer reviews, and improvement efforts to other sites is required.
* Practical knowledge and usage of CMMS (SAP e-Stream/Maximo), general office software and specific planning applications (MS project or other)
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
* Owns processes for planning, coordination, execution and continuous improvement of highly complex STOPS (turnarounds) at cluster level of organization.
* Oversees STOP process validates work progress and supports resolution of operational issues.
* Leads the core team in STOP lessons-learned meetings, performs gap assessments and defines corrective actions.
* Leads STOP Management Governance, directs technical and budgetary decisions to ensure timely and correct execution.
* Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in risk management to determine appropriate risks mitigation in the preparatory and execution phase.
* Provides consultation to colleagues and Management.
Innovation and Creativity:
* Develop Risk Management standards where none exist.
* Creates innovative STOP solutions to increase production uptime.
* Track turnaround industry trends.
* Supports and drives external partnering initiatives for the Cluster.
External and Internal Interactions:
* Connect with Cluster Leadership to align on STOP strategic frame for the cluster.
* Connect with BU and MAM Leadership to align on tactical goals.
* Provide frequent updates on the progress of major stops to all stakeholders in the Cluster.
* Effectively interface across the Cluster functions to identify and deploy best practices and to continuously improve and drive to a common standardized process.
* Collaborate with multi-discipline internal turnaround teams and external partners (contractors, consultancy…) to remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, coordinate, execute and optimize the Turn Around.
* Benchmark with external companies to learn from each other and implement new practices in the STOP process.
* Represent SM API Cluster as Subject Matter Expert for the STOP management process (e.g. in interactions with E2E platforms).
* Project Management Certification or FPX Certification (required)
* STOP management certificate (desired)
* Six Sigma/Lean certification (desired)
North America-United States-Georgia-Athens, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)