Clinical Researcher Screener
Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for people. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
Our Pfizer Clinical Research Unit (PCRU) in Brussels is a state-of-the-art research facility with sixty inpatient beds dedicated to early clinical trials (Phase 1 & 2a studies).
As a Clinical Researcher Screener you can expect
* Identifying potential volunteers for a study, send them the appropriate documents and making appointments with volunteers already listed in the database research unit
* Being the first contact with potential volunteers and inform them (about the procedure, the payment and the company policies) in a prompt and professional manner.
* Performing phone screenings following medical and other guidance's, data and sample collection (such as blood sample, ECG, blood pressure, ….) and safety of trial subjects.
* Providing appropriate medical information to ineligible volunteers.
* Assessment of volunteers qualifications for participation in a study based on information gathered during the phone screen and accurately entering the information into the database.
* Working with the recruiters and patient recruiter helping them to identify, explore and implement new methods for subject recruitment to extend the panel.
* Handle text messaging, mailings or other communication methods towards subjects incompliance of regulatory requirements.
* Assist in the conduct of clinical trials in the PCRU.
* Collaborate closely with team to execute projects according protocol requirements.
* May obtain signed informed consent from candidate trial-subjects. Ability to take over and manage specific projects.
* Participate in PCRU teams to accomplish business needs and resolve issues.
At a senior level:
* Ensure data collection of high quality and transfer to relevant departments (medication administration and other clinical exams, ….).
* On-the-job-training for new colleagues in liaise with Technical Training Manager and Team Leaders.
* Contributing to the completion of project, work group or department tasks as development and training of new procedures, internal guidance,…
* May initiate new processes and procedures to improve performance and increase efficiency.
* Lead and manage daily clinical activities. Resolves potential problems.
* Assisting Team members in establishing their priorities in day-to-day activities.
We expect from you:
* A minimum Diploma/Bachelor degree in Nursing
* Scientific/ Clinical/ Research Knowledge : excellent knowledge of medical conditions
* Good working knowledge of MS office tools (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint….) and be open to use new systems
* Good written and verbal skills in French, Dutch and English
* Demonstrate excellent assessment skills in nursing and emergency interventions
* Ability and flexibility to work evening (till 6.30PM) and week-end (exceptional).
At a senior level:
* Evidence of continuing education/training relative to drug development/study conduct.
* Minimum of experience of 3 years in Clinical Research (phase I).
* Experience in other phases in Clinical Research is an asset.
* Experience in the delivery of scientific educational presentation.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Belgium - Brussels