Job Description - Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) - Senior Associate or Manager (BEL000WN)
Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) - Senior Associate or Manager - BEL000WN
At EY, we are committed to building a better working world - with increased trust and confidence in business, sustainable growth, development of talent in all its forms, and greater collaboration. EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transactions and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability practice to respond to our client's growing need of guidance in three key areas: social and environmental sustainability, climate change and health, safety and environment (HSE). Our services are varied, but include strategy and implementation, impact measurement, assessment of policies, programs and management systems, assurance over sustainability-related data and greenhouse gas emission verification. We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy. Our clients include many of today's leading global companies, innovative growth companies, government and other Publicly Accountable Enterprises.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate in the early stages of their career who is able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities for an excellent career and leadership opportunity at the Senior Associate level. We can help you realize your potential. Our success is based on your success. Our work environment is designed to help high-performing people thrive.
EY's commitment to the quality and integrity of our services is exemplified by our methodologies and our rigorous quality controls applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our professionals, we deliver high quality services to our clients and their stakeholders.
* Working in a team environment, assist clients in their efforts to identify, measure and appropriately manage the business and reporting sustainability risks that they face as they transition their organizations to respond to changing government regulations and stakeholder expectations.
* Support client relationships, business development and account management leadership. Represent the practice in management forums and support the rapid, profitable growth of our business.
* Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. With guidance from leadership, maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate some or all of the following traits:
* Be a self-starter who takes ownership for tasks and team performance, and proactively seeks out ways to better address our clients' needs
* Be a team player and leader, able to successfully guide the work of others and be committed to achieving common goals
* Ability to deal with ambiguity
* With support from team leadership, ability to design and execute a logical phased approach to understand complex or unusual issues client issues, and design, recommend and implement insightful and pragmatic solutions
* Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships while demonstrating and living the firm's values
* Demonstrate professionalism and poise in working with and presenting to clients or EY executives, and in developing relationships with potential clients
* Demonstrate strong writing skills and an ability to translate recommendations and other ideas effectively and concisely in reports, presentation materials, client proposals and other written communication
* Be technically comfortable in one or more of our key service areas, e.g., sustainability strategy, climate change and carbon, HSE management (examples only - those with other relevant technical competencies are welcome to apply)
* Experience in one or more of the following industries: mining, financial services, government and public sector, retail or oil and gas.
* Share our passion for helping businesses and other clients become more sustainable
To qualify for this highly visible position with excellent potential for career advancement, candidates must have:
* A Masters Degree in Business, Sustainability, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or other relevant area (P.Eng an asset)
* One - five +years experience in a position focused on HSE or sustainability consulting
* Excellent project management and team leadership skills
* Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills both in French and English.
* Strong experience advising on the development, or auditing of Environment, Health & Safety management systems or experience in Environment, Health & Safety information systems would be an asset.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.