Career Opportunities: Chief Engineer Cloud (44372)
Req Id 44372 - Posted 04/12/2018 - Telenet - Belgium - Mechelen - Functional Area (1) - Full Time / Part Time (1) - Job Level (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Goesting in een nieuwe Job?
Chief Engineer Datacenter/SDN Network
We are looking for a network engineer who can become part of the Virtualization and Orchestration Engineering team in the Network Infrastructure department.
The main responsibility will be to assist us in the networking aspect of the current datacenter and the evolution to a software defined network environment.
The Virtualization and Orchestration Engineering team is responsible for the design of the datacenter infrastructure of Telenet. That entails the 'traditional' datacenter environment (routing/switching/loadbalancing/security/…). The network functions gets more and more virtualized and the network itself has to become programmable to automate the delivery of new services and enable things like service chaining and network slicing that are required for the evolution of the network. Our goal is to design the platform that makes all these things happen.
You should therefore feel comfortable around and have a passion for various technologies and new trends in the ICT and Telecom sector. Including driving us towards them, where needed.
We are looking for people who can transform concepts into the right solution for Telenet and his customers, both in team or standalone.
Engineering work consists of following tasks
* Investigate the solution
* Work together with colleagues and vendors on a solution
* Validation testing of the solution in Telenet or Vendor Lab.
* Provide HLD & LLD
* Handover to operations teams
Level3 support when the solution runs in production.
Minimal professional bachelor in ICT or Informatics discipline
* Routing & Switching knowledge: IPv6, BGP, MPLS, LDP, RSVP, VPLS, IP-VPN RFC2547-bis, EVPN/VxLAN, EVPN/MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet, LACP.
* Familiar with Juniper JUNOS CLI
* Familiar with Datacenter networking, like IP-Fabric - EVPN/VxLAN
* Familiar with Datacenter solutions, Firewalls, IPSec, security workflow tools, load balancers, …
* Familiar with Datacenter SDN-solutions like Nuage or Contrail.
* Python scripting knowledge
* Linux experience
* Affinity with network automation tools like Puppet or Ansible
* Interest in system and platform interfaces, APIs, modelling and data formatting (e.g. REST, SOAP, NETCONF, YANG, TOSCA, XML, JSON, …) is a good thing
* If you have knowledge of or experience with typical SDN/NFV architectures, protocols and/or initiatives it is highly welcome (e.g. ETSI NFV Architecture, OpenStack, OPNFV, ONF, CORD, …)
As for soft skills:
* We are looking for someone with a positive, can-do mentality, who is eager to learn new things.
* You should be able to transfer your knowledge to colleagues, as well as document chosen implementations.
* You should be able to take responsibility, lead assigned projects and flag/solve issues
* We are looking for a person that is deeply interested by technology and willing to follow up on new trends and evolutions and look for practical applications in order to improve our infrastructure
* You should be able to study, design and engineer solutions from a concept or demand into an actual platform. In doing so, you will need to be able to work with multiple departments within the company, both technical and non-technical, as well as execute tasks individually.
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend's email address:
Maximum character limit: 1000
*Confirm you are not a robot: