Chemical Engineer (Junior or Expert)
Belgium, Flemish-Brabant , Linkebeek
Engineering / Projects
LAB00000260 Requisition #
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialised services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
ENGIE Laborelec's Nuclear Power Plant Materials & Chemistry department specialises in the specific materials science and chemistry issues facing nuclear power stations. Our main challenge consists in increasing the reliability and safety of these power stations, which we do by examining and avoiding accidents, by determining the life of critical components and by optimising the chemical conditioning of the various circuits.
To that end, we perform research into specific problems and accidents in the field, and we carry out longer-term studies into general problems. Besides the water treatment, nuclear wastes must be treated and conditioned in order to be accepted by authorities. All aspects concerning the optimising nuclear waste (essentially in liquid form) process and treatment are also a large part of our activities.
As a Chemical Engineer, your duties will mainly focus on the well-functioning of the primary and secondary circuits of Nuclear power plants and all related chemical aspects thereof.
* You will play an active role in operational support activities as well as in research activities in order to optimise the use and treatment of water at nuclear power stations
* You will actively work to optimize the process of nuclear waste treatment and conditioning (cementation,...)
* You will be involved in developing activities relating to radiological measurements and the dismantling of nuclear power stations
* You will take action on-site (at ENGIE power stations or others) in Belgium and abroad
* You will have an opportunity to attend international seminars and working groups, at which you will meet acknowledged international experts
* You will be working together with expert colleagues in other disciplines to tackle more complex multidisciplinary problems, and with various experts in the field
* You will convincingly present the results of this research to local site management and to the relevant stakeholders
* You have a degree in chemical engineering (civil or industrial) or you have equivalent experience in nuclear chemistry.
* You have relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: corrosion studies, chemical conditioning, radiological measurements
* You are passionate about technology and able to transmit that passion to others
* You are customer-oriented, creative and capable of solving complex problems, proposing high-added-value innovative solutions
* You are at ease interacting with personnel in the field
* You are very practical and can provide in-depth technical and scientific support for your opinions
* Your able to network with other specialists in the field
* You share your knowledge and look for solutions with your colleagues
* You speak fluent French, Dutch and English or you could bring your languages skills up to that level quickly
* You are flexible and prepared to work on-site (including frequent short trips abroad)
* Having a nuclear habilitation is a plus
ENGIE Laborelec offers you
* a competitive salary supplemented by numerous benefits
* a wide range of development and training opportunities
* an exciting career in a leading research and expertise centre, with the possibility of developing your career further within ENGIE, the international energy player of which Laborelec is a part
Your HR contact
Damien Colmant - email@example.com - Tel: 02 3820704
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.