Back to search result
Engineer Disaster Recovery as a Service
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2018-03-13 Requisition ID
052113 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
Ops Engineers Disaster Recovery as a Service
Full-time permanent contract, Brussels, Belgium
Your Role and your environment
You are a competent Ops Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary squad whom primary driver is to deliver professional Disaster Recovery services to ING Belgium.
You will work in the Disaster Recovery as a Service Squad composed of four Engineers and one Product Owner, in the Infrastructure Tribe.
Your key responsibilities
Responsible for the permanent readiness of the Disaster Recovery environment
* You will perform the necessary tasks to insure the ING BE Disaster Recovery Environment is permanently aligned with Production in term of Infrastructure
Responsible for the permanent readiness of the Disaster Recovery Plans
* optimize the method for recovering the ING BE applications and infrastructure components and support the BUS/DEV/OPS Squad in their effort to sustain their accountability for the continuity of their components
* Prepare and coordinate execution of regular exercises
Disaster Recovery Coordination
* In case of event impacting ING BE occur, you will be called to coordinate the ING BE Recovery and play a key role in the execution of the Disaster Recovery plans
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Ops Engineer you will also need:
* Master degree or equivalent by experience
* 5 or more years of multi-disciplinary experience in the Infrastructure technologies deployed at ING BE
* To speak fluently English, knowledge of Dutch and /or French is an asset
* Great analytical skills and conceptual/architectural understanding, Excellent social and communication skills (oral and written) You are flexible and stress resistant You are a team player You are persuasiveYou accept weekend work and work outside business hours
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
* Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
* An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
* A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the IT Infrastructure Triber department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
* Work with state-of-the art technology in a large enterprise level context with proper engineering cultureVisit courses and conferences that fit your personal developmentCutting (sometimes bleeding) edge technology and innovationInspiring colleagues in an international working environment
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch