Back to search result
Chapter Lead Stack, Monitoring & Quality Assurance
Permanent contract, Full-time
2019-08-25 Requisition ID
057463 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
IT Chapter Lead Stack, Monitoring & QA
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Chapter Lead that combines knowledge of IT infrastructure and/ or IT operations and/ or software testing and test automationwith people management skills.
First of all, we are looking for an experienced Engineer (at least level "competent" in the Dreyfus model) that will work for approximately half of his/ her time in a squad. Next to that, you will spend time on building up expertise in your chapter and developing/coaching your chapter members.Your chapter consists of approximately 10 people.
You will be working in the "IT Area Onboarding and Know Your Customer" in the Brussels Offices of ING but are ready to travel occasionally if needed.
We do acknowledge that the required expertise is very broad. As such, a seasoned engineer in one of the IT domains with the motivation and capabilities to grow into the other mentioned areas might be eligible for the job.
This is a unique opportunity for the engineer that would like to add "T-shape" as his middle name.
Your key responsibilities
Manage and achieve IT maturity and the squad's mission
* Spends approximately half of the time working as an Engineer in his/ her squad.
* Has an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keeps abreast of developments.
* Stays one step ahead in the domain of IT Infrastructure and/ or IT Operations and/ or Test automation and applies learnings in its specific context,
* Defines and ensures application of standards in his/her own area of IT expertise.
* Organizes regular meetings to share relevant insights/developments in his/her own IT expertise with members of his/her own and possibly also other chapters.
People and Chapter management
* Encourages chapter members to develop themselves and facilitates this (e.g. providing training opportunities).
* Provides coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development. Constantly ensures development of individual members' expertise.
* Is responsible for the personal development and evaluation of the chapter members, based on input from the Product Owner, the Agile Coach and individual squad members.
* Identifies top performance and takes action at an early stage for underperformance.
* Supports talent acquisition and retention management activities (e.g. interview applicants)
* Discusses resource planning for squads and chapter with the IT Area Lead and Product Owner.
* Is a key member of the Product Owner, Chapter Lead and Agile Coach (POCLAC) sessions, where ways to optimize performance and improvement of capabilities of the squad are discussed
Creating and safeguarding the 'new' culture
* Has an active role in embedding the Agile way of working within a Spotify Model.
* Functions as an ambassador for cultural change and advocates the 'organization doing' principles rather than 'organizational talking' ones.
* Puts in place a culture of self-development and high performing teams.
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
Skills and competences
The IT Chapter Lead Stack, Monitoring & QA
* Inspires and exudes energy and passion.
* Has a keen IT market focus
* Is focused on collaboration
* Actively seeks help and feedback, but is not afraid to give feedback either.
* Is curious and always looks out for innovation opportunities in his/her focus area.
Experience and specialised knowledge
* Is able to proactively detect infrastructure needs and/ or monitoring requirements and/ or test automation opportunities
* Is a senior engineers and go-to person for all IT Infrastructure related questions. AND/ OR
* Has already workedseveral years with monitoring tools (e.g Splunk, Kibana). AND/ OR
* You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development (TDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation tooling (e.g. Selenium).
* Is eager and capable of further extending his/ her knowledge for all of the above mentioned domains related to IT development and maintenance.
Education and Professional certifications
* The IT Chapter Lead is at least a competent Engineer and has the education and professional certifications required for this function.
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch