Back to search result
Chapter lead Linux, AIX, Solaris
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2018-02-11 Requisition ID
051920 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Manager/Expert Study level
Chapter Lead Secure UNIX/Linux/AIX/Solaris
Full time, permanent contract, Brussels, Belgium
Your role & work environment
Interested in making a team grow by coaching fellow colleagues in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment?
Are you passionate about IT and people? Then be at the heart of IT where we build the foundations of innovative products empowering ING's strategy. Be responsible for people development in a chapter of Linux-AIX-Solaris Engineers (each working in a squad)?
Your key responsibilities
As a chapter Lead you hierarchically lead a chapter of max 10 Engineers (40% of time)
* Responsible for the personal development and evaluation of his/her chapter members, taking pride in doing so.
* Encourages his/her chapter members to develop themselves. Provides coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development
* Supports recruiting of talents & sourcing external engineers
As Engineer in a Dev/Ops squad (60% of your time)
* You are a pragmatic, skilled engineer able to take up work as you see it and automation is natural for you.
* Work in an independent manner on request from your PO
* Working in an agile way is second nature for you
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Chapter Lead Secure Cloud UNIX/Linux/AIX/Solaris you will also need:
To be a competent Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you. You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications and/or platform services in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
* A Master's or undergraduate degree or equivalent by experience
* Experience in managing a team in terms of competences and knowledge sharing
* Experience working in Agile environments
* RHEL certifications or any Unix Knowledge/certifications are a plus
* Languages: NL/FR/EN any others are a plus
* Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical staff
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
* Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
* An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
* A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the ING Tech department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
* Training opportunities and self-development plans in an ever changing and demanding landscape
* Challenging engineering on the cutting edge of IT, cloud technologies and enterprise level datacentres
* Support from Agile coaches, other chapter leads and engineers. Team/chapter members care for one another
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch