Career Opportunities: Electrical design engineer (12461)
Req Id 12461 - Posted 09/12/2017 - Europe, Middle East & Africa - Belgium - Ingelmunster - Engineering
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with almost 30 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in annual revenue.
Bekaert's engineering department develops, designs, and builds Bekaert's specific process equipment and takes care of the after-service of this equipment worldwide. This way, the engineering department supports Bekaert's global strategy of technological leadership.
Furthermore, it creates a competitive advantage through the use of mechatronics.
Mechatronics integrates mechanical design, control technology, electronics and micro-electronics. The engineering department thus performs three strategic functions: innovation, providing process equipment, and support.
* You challenge the status quo and make conceptual designs for platforms of machines.
* You are responsible to design the control architecture for the machines, which includes control software and hardware structures.
* You are also responsible for the design and selection of components for the power transmission (drives, motors, …).
* You check the interfacing with our data collection system (MES).
* You are responsible to choose and implement the correct safety components to ensure the safety level is in accordance with the standards.
* You are responsible for the electronic apparatus, components and circuitry of Bekaert's machines and equipment including checking the electrical drawings.
* You interface with mechanical design and are available for production to analyze and resolve problems.
* You participate in different projects and ensure successful fulfillment of the projects targets.
* You provide aftercare for the designs you are responsible for.
* You make proposals for electrical improvements.
* You analyze the electrical maintenance data.
* You coach and train electrical designers.
* You have a Master degree in Engineering (preferably in an electrical specialization like mechatronics, control technology, …).
* You are creative, result-oriented and demonstrate hands-on problem solving skills.
* You are eager to make your knowledge state-of-the-art in your domain.
* You like to work in a team and are willing to share your knowledge with its members.
* You are entrepreneurial, flexible and service-minded.
* You have good communication and organizational skills.
* Experience with PLC programming languages (Ladder and structured text) and basic knowledge of the C programming langue is an advantage.
* You are passionate about automation and electrical design.
* You have an excellent knowledge of English.
* You are prepared to spend short periods abroad at regular intervals.