Career Opportunities: Design Engineer Automation (14326)
Req Id 14326 - Posted 09/11/2017 - Europe, Middle East & Africa - Belgium - Ingelmunster - Engineering
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with almost 30 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in annual revenue.
Bekaert has its own engineering department: Bekaert Engineering, with entities in Belgium, China, Slovakia, Brazil and India. Here we design and manufacture the production equipment used in the Bekaert factories worldwide.
Within the engineering department in Ingelmunster - Belgium we are looking for a "Designer Automation" (industrial engineer) and a "Design Engineer Automation" (civil engineer).
* You will be a member of the Design Team at Bekaert Engineering.
* You work together on the development of Bekaert Engineering
* You autonomously design the automation part of new machinery on electrical hardware as well as on software
* In line you will report to the Senior Design Engineer
* You have a master degree in
+ Industrial Engineering with experience (function Designer Automation):
o Master of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology - Automation
o Master of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology - Electrical Engineering
o or equivalent
+ Civil Engineering (function Design Engineer Automation) :
o Master of Science in Mecanical engineering: Mechatronics and Robotics,
o Master in Science in Electromechanical Engineering - Control Engineering and Automation
o Master in Science in Electromechanical Engineering - Electrical Power Engineering
o or equivalent
* You possess a good technical knowledge of "C" programming language
* You know one or more IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages
* You have notion of microprocessors and real-time operating and control systems
* You have notion of linear and digital (sensor) electronics
* You have knowledge of control technology (matlab/Simulink)
* You have notion of industrial networks and protocols
* You are able to read, understand and design an electrical wiring diagram
* You have a good analytical capacity
* You have a good knowledge of English both written and oral
* You are eager to update your knowledge into the state-of-the-art of your domain and willing to share this knowledge within the team.
* You are a team player and like to work in a multidisciplinary team
* You co-operate closely with colleagues of the Bekaert Technology Center on process innovation and implementation, and with collegues in the Bekaert factories during start-up, testing and technical support
* You are not easily stressed and respect deadlines
* You are willing to travel on regular basis