Business and Technology Future Leaders Programme - Belgium 2018
* Requisition ID: 168296
* Position: Graduate Development Programs
* Open date: Feb 12, 2018 5:05 PM
* Functional area: IT
* Required degrees: Master 1
Select Locale Email a friend
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment. The business comprises three types of products: prescription medicines, vaccines, and consumer health care products. GSK's mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
What will the programme be like?
The aim of the Business and Technology Future Leader Program is to provide an accelerated framework of opportunities and experiences for high-caliber graduates so that they can make quality and timely contributions to GSK Tech now and in the future. Tech associates will help us to unlock the business value of emerging technologies and transform the way GSK interacts with its employees, customers and patients. Throughout the programme, you will learn the ins and outs of business processes and the strategies behind delivering key solutions to support business operations. Embedded in our Vaccines business in Belgium you will develop functional expertise to help drive business strategy and focus on expanding your skills through graduate-specific leadership training.
Example of possible job assignments (rotations):
* Performing business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
* Designing, developing and supporting software solutions
* Managing project and software quality, including testing and validation
* Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
* Managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
* Preparing technical documentation
* Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
* Identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
* Identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
To be successful in the program, applicants need to evidence the following competencies:
* Technical aptitude
* Relationship building
* Influencing drive for success
* Teamwork and collaboration
* Effective communication
* Confidence and can-do attitude
* Continuous improvement
* Flexible thinking and problem solving
How do I apply? Timeline & Assessment Process
Our robust recruitment process includes online application, online testing, telephone and assessment centre.
Please note that some of the selection steps are outsourced to external partners.
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme that you are applying to and that you provide this information accurately.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application.
You will be requested to enter your personal information and then submit your responses to several questions about your basic qualifications, interest and motivation to work for us.
Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the programme, you may receive an automatic response, declining your application.
Afterwards we'll ask you to complete our video-based World of GSK assessment to give us a better idea of your strengths and suitability for the programme. We hope that it will give you the opportunity to find out more about us as we find out more about you. If you are invited to complete the World of GSK assessment, make sure you take time to read the instructions. There will be an expiry date from which you can no longer take the online tests so please be aware of the deadline set.
We would like to advise you to review your email daily to check whether you have been sent the assessment.
Applications will close in March depending on volume.
It is expected that our Assessment Centre will run in April 2018.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements in confidence.
Are you ready to take up this challenge? Apply now!
Why You?Basic qualifications:
* Master degree with an academic background in IT, Computer Sciences or a technology related subject OR Master degree with an academic background in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics or Business background with a strong affinity for IT and technology.
* Fluent English, French is an asset
(written and spoken)
* Max. 2 years professional experience after your graduation
* Right to work in Belgium: we sponsor VISA & work permit
See basic qualifications
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.