The John Cockerill Group develops large-scale technological solutions to meet the needs of our time: preserving natural resources, contributing to greener mobility, sustainable production, combating insecurity and facilitating access to renewable energy. Its offer to companies, governments and local authorities takes the form of services and associated equipment for the energy, defence, industry, environment, transport and infrastructure sectors.
Driven since 1817 by the entrepreneurial spirit and thirst for innovation of their founder, the Group's 6,000 employees enabled it to achieve a turnover of €1.3 billion in 2018 in 23 countries on 5 continents.
Context of Need
The IT PMO team is part of the SERM (Shared Execution Resources & Methodology) organization of the Industry and Environment sectors, under the PMO pillar.
The main mission of the SERM is to improve the operating performance of those two sectors.
In order to offer an even better support to the 14 entities belonging to the Industry or Environment sectors, the IT PMO team gets stronger by recruiting a new Business Analyst team member.
As a member of the IT PMO team, you’re closer to the business than to the ICT Corporate team. You don’t have to be an IT expert, but you need a strong IT background because you’ll have to understand what IT is about. You’re also expected to understand the business needs expressed by your colleagues, and transform them into functional analysis, or storytelling, for instance.
Having at least conceptual experience of the most common families of IT management solutions is a definite asset: ERP, CRM SRM, PLM are topics that we talk daily about.
Having practical knowledge of SAP is clearly a positive differentiator, as well as having practical experience on the O365 power platform.
• Collect and understand the internal clients’ needs, formalize them into requirements.
• Understand how these needs could be implemented;
• Translate those requirements into functional specifications that can be easily used by developers;
• Follow-up the development, validation and production phases;
• Participate to projects led by the corporate ICT team and represent our sectors’ interests in those projects;
• Play an active role in projects led by the IT PMO team and ensure the liaison with the corporate ICT Team as well as with the business teams.
• Accompany the end users during go-live periods. Depending on the context of the project, delivering trainings may be part of the job.
• When not in the scope of the ICT Service desk team or of an ICT project team, deliver support to the end-users.
• Flexibility, reactivity and adaptability will be part of your daily challenges, as the John Cockerill SERM environment is always on the move, and you’ll work on several projects in parallel.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor or Master's degree, preferably in a computer science or technology field such as engineering, or a business degree with a strong focus on computer science, information technology, or a similar field
• 3 years of experience in IT solution deployment or a relevant experience as a functional or business analyst in IT field
• Experience with common modeling techniques such as BPMN, UML or relational data modeling.
• Proven affinities with digital applications and/or information technologies
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand and resolve issues, in the context of IT-oriented projects
• Knowledge of project management ; Agile approach methodology
• Experience in SQL is a plus
• Team-player and team-oriented attitude
• Client oriented mindset
• Excellent communication skills (listening, writing and presentation) at any level, from employee to senior management.
• Whatever it takes!
• Resourceful even in uncomfortable situations
• Willing to work in an international environment
• Fluent in FR and EN
• Good communication skills written and oral
Interested in a career with the John Cockerill Group?
Find out more about our opportunities at www.johncockerill.com