As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
The working environment
You will be part of the Business Entity Belgium. Our entity aims to grow its business in Belgium and abroad by offering its customers and prospects high quality, attractive, competitive and innovative solutions in the following domains:
* Urban design & development;
* Transport & Mobility;
* Buildings and complex structures (incl. industrial and tertiary buildings, rehabilitation of industrial sites and soil remediation);
* Environment & climate change;
* Ports and waterways (incl. infrastructure and hydraulic engineering);
* Water treatment & flood protection;
* Renewable and thermal power (incl. desalination plants);
* Power Transmission & Distribution systems;
* Gas transport, distribution and storage infrastructure for LNG, LPG, biogas, hydrogen and other green gases;
* New Build, Advanced Technologies, Plant Operation Support, Decontamination & Decommissioning in the Nuclear Sector.
To deal with its many projects the Business Entity Belgium seeks to expand its Key experts team by hiring a BIM Leader based in Belgium. He/she has the full responsibility of the BIM programme in the Business Entity Belgium for moving towards a digital built environment and implement BIM as business
As BIM Leader, your main focus will be to drive the change management and culture providing a high level of methodology. This leadership role assumes the overall vision responsibility of working with stakeholders within the firm to oversee the planning, strategizing and deployment of a healthy cultural and technology driven BIM implementation.
* Select and implement solutions to put a CDE (Common Data Environment) in place that fits the Tractebel objectives and constraints;
* Develop and implement the Tractebel BIM Programme of the Business Entity Belgium
* Drive Standards, processes & procedures;
* Oversee integration of BIM and Information Technology;
* Stimulate R&D Innovative solutions to stay on cusp of technology;
* Present BIM capabilities to clients (proactive);
* Persuade upward and downward to adopt advanced vision;
* Create internal on-site consultant approach to serve project teams;
* Promote integration of BIM in Sustainable Design;
* Propose pilot initiatives and manage: technically & financially;
* Ensure project BIM execution plans adherence and success;
* Take the lead in educating business development and organization;
* Manage the production of BIM marketing material;
* Build a BIM marketing strategy: website & cut-sheets;
* Develop and maintain strategic on-going relationship with the BIM and software industries, developing and maintaining a network in the BIM community in the Engie Group and external;
* Drive the creation of automated routines in BIM to support standards and productivity;
* Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards;
* Lead the Tractebel's BIM Community of Practice (COP);
* Assist project teams in BIM project setup;
* Take accountability of fundamental and intermediate training for staff on BIM software;
* Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
This position requires continuous internal and external promotion of Building Information Modelling. The BIM Leader must be an excellent communicator, client oriented, feeling at ease in a range of interactions going from very technical/IT level to popularizing the BIM concepts level depending on his audience.
* You have a Master Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration or equivalent;
* You have an overall technical knowledge in the Building and/or Infrastructure sector;
* You must understand the project lifecycle and what is at stake when making decisions;
* You have several years of experience in a similar position, or in management of large projects;
* You have an in-depth working knowledge of BIM;
* You are used to managing budgets while being able to have an overall view on projects;
* You have strong communication skills and are able to discuss at technical & managerial level;
* You are empathic in order to lead and motivate teams in Flanders, Brussels and Wallonia to do projects in Belgium and abroad with a focus on quality and profitability in line with the customer's needs;
* You are familiar to change management and new methodology introduction on large scale groups
* You have a dynamic personality, are well organized and can work independently;
* You have a strong cooperative mind-set and show openness towards other products and teams;
* You have an excellent knowledge of English and operational knowledge of French and Dutch;
* You are open to short missions abroad.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Sep 10, 2019