The BIM Engineer focuses on the quality of the compiled models and the output of the coordination. He/she will set up the modeling environment to be able to deliver the output as specified by the BIM manager. The BIM Engineer will be the main point of contact for the BIM Leads (software and technical questions) and he/she will communicate with the engineers to gather input and ensure correct modelling of the design. He/she is responsible for keeping the model clean (no unnecessary views, families, etc..). He/she will deliver his model as per time schedule and required quality to the BIM manager.
The activities of the BIM Engineer are:
- validate compliance of BIM Models with BIM standards;
- monitor version management of the Discipline Models;
- periodically merge and/or synchronize all Discipline Models in a BIM coordination model;
- highlight any design inconsistencies or pending coordination issues, by means 3D clash checks and walk trough’s;
- define suspected causes and report them to the Design Manager;
- scheduling and chairing of BIM coordination meetings;
- act as contact point for the Design Leads regarding the determination of geometrical interfaces and corresponding control measurements;
- You have a Master Degree in Engineering or Architecture;
- You are fluent in French and/or Dutch (at least 1 of the two) + you have a good level in English;
- You have a first work experience as BIM Engineer or Modeler (at least 2 years). An experience in BIM on a large project (+25M$) is a plus;
- You have experience with the Revit fundamentals and are aware of the possibilities of the other main used modeling softwares (Civil 3D, Tekla & ArchiCAD);
- You are proficient with the use of BIM Management softwares (Navisworks and Solibri Model Checker);
- Experience in BIM standards;
- Experience with 4D and 5D BIM processes and tools is a plus;
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it's about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group