Junior Bid Manager (excellent knowledge of English and Dutch is a must)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Bid Manager, based in Brussels.
* Assisting the Bid Manager with the tender and presentations preparation, support in writing the Bid and Book Plan, preparing slides to present the offers to senior management;
* Providing general support to the Bid Manager and Bid Team, including basic Marketing activities and bid-related research support;
* Understanding the bid process and accomplish administrative tasks related to it: record keeping, version control and reports preparation;
* Updating and formatting all CVs used for each Bid in the required templates, writing summaries, providing materials language quality checks (English vs market language);
* Updating the Bid Pipeline;
* Monitor the online portal to extract new calls for tender;
* Ensure the content of each written document complies with the specific requirements;
* Updating generic information used for proposals and tenders;
* Providing support for formatting and production of substantial bid documents (binding materials, Brochures…).
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* 2 years of experience working in a Bid Administration, Bid Coordinator and/or Junior Bid Manager/Coordinator role within a corporate environment.
* Fluent in English, Dutch and/or French
* Perfect command of written English.
* Adaptable and flexible approach to team engagement
* Ability to think strategically and balance long- and short-term operational priorities
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within own workload effectively
* Ability to solve problems and complex issues in a timely manner
* Understand and interpret customer needs
* Good team worker, reliable and able to rapidly establish a high degree of trust, rapport and gain co-operation from the bid team
* Strong attention to detail; maintaining high standards for delivery, quality and accuracy
* Confident and articulate in all communications i.e. face-to-face, telephone and written communications
* Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority and the ability to adapt communication and messages to different audiences
* Self-motivated, self-disciplined and having the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Demonstrates strong commercial acumen and ability to gather information to support commercial decisions
* Highly competent in MS Office software and relevant tools such as Project, Visio, etc.
* English and French languages mandatory - Dutch an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What you'll get
#An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
#Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
#An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package - including advantageous fringe benefits - you'll be well paid for what you love to do.
You'll take ownership of various projects for public clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of service and technology.
#A strong corporate culture
You'll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients - our values form the foundation of the way we work.
#A rock solid company
Together with more than 50,000 professionals FY2019 who are active in the sectors of defense, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and other citizen services across the Globe, we bring a world of experience to what we do.
Present in Brussels for more than 20 years and having worked with the EU Institutions ever since, we are now also investing a lot in the defense sector where we recently won promising contracts.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Excellent Salary + Corporate Benefits
Job Reference B019/SO/5383
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 31 August, 2019
Job Category Bids / Solutions
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 25 July, 2019