Career Opportunities: BI Business Analyst HR - Finance (43397)
Req Id 43397 - Posted 02/08/2018 - Telenet - Belgium - Mechelen - Functional Area (1) - Full Time / Part Time (1) - Job Level (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Goesting in een nieuwe Job?
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic & changing environment and are you willing to make Telenet even a more data driven company than it already is? Than this job is possibly the ideal fit for you.
* The Business Intelligence team ensures that the different business units have the right insights deducted from raw data.
* The team provides these insights via standard Cognos reports & dashboards, Qlik Sense self-service cubes, ad-hoc deep-dive data analysis and advanced analytics (e.g. predictive models).
* We assist management in making the right tactical & strategic decisions based on data.
* To strengthen the BI team, we are looking for a Business Intelligence analyst and this specifically for the Human Resources domain.
* You are for HR the first contact person for all data & insights related questions.
* You are responsible for the vision, setup & maintenance of the HR reporting environment.
* You need to deal with a diversity of ad-hoc analysis questions, in which you are a trusted partner for business.
* You explore proactively the possibilities & limitations of turning data into insights (e.g. doing a POC), and advises your business & IT stakeholders in the way forward.
* You are "bridging business & IT", giving direction to the future solution in the data warehouse & HR systems, working closely together with agile IT scrum teams.
* You provide your stakeholders with the necessary training, advice & support, enabling self-service BI.
* …and additionally in this role, we expect you to be an enthusiastic driving force to grow further in the area of predictive HR analytics.
Required skills & experience
* You have a Master degree Commercial/Civil Engineer, Applied Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Management or equal in experience.
* You have at least 3 years of experience working as a BI, business or functional analyst in a BI environment.
* You are familiar with HR processes & metrics related to staffing, internal mobility, absence, recruitment, talent management, wellbeing, learning & development.
* You can identify gaps in the business information needs and know how to capture BI requirements using the right interview & workshop techniques. You can define a conceptual data model & translate business needs into a functional design for the IT agile scrum teams. Knowing the basics of ETL is a plus.
* You have experience working with BI reporting & data discovery tools as a report designer (not only as a consumer), preferably in Cognos and Qlik Sense. Facts & dimensions have no secrets for you. You also know how to turn data into meaningful visualizations.
* Having knowledge of statistics & data mining techniques (like segmentation, clustering, regression, outlier/anomaly detection, etc.) is a great plus.
* You have a very good knowledge of (Oracle) SQL and MS Excel.
* You are familiar with the agile scrum project methodology. A project management certificate is a plus.
* You have a very good knowledge of Dutch & English. French is a plus.
* You combine a strong business affinity with a great interest in data crunching.
* You have great communication & presentation skills and know how to convince people
* You are eager to learn and you do not avoid any challenge
* You can manage your own planning & priorities and can align with stakeholders of every level to come to the desired result
* You have a good portion of assertiveness and you dare to challenge your stakeholders where needed
* You are flexible and love to work in a very dynamic & changing environment
* You understand what it takes to work with confidential corporate data.
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend's email address:
Maximum character limit: 1000
*Please enter the verification code here: