Automation & Execution Systems Engineer
Locations: Geel, Belgium
Functions: R&D Engineering (R&D)
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1805689509W
'Caring for the world, one person at a time '… inspires and unite the people of Johnson & Johnson, we embrace research and science- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people
Janssen Pharmaceutica is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for bringing innovative medicines towards patients throughout the world.
The Clinical Supply Chain Department (CSC) is part of the Pharmaceutical Development organization and plays a crucial role in delivering medicines to our patients during the development phase of a new product. Within CSC, the Pilot Plants are responsible for the upscaling and finetuning of processes which result in the successful production of new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API's) or Drug Product (DP).
Janssen has four state of the art Pilot Plants located on three sites. In Belgium there is an API pilot plant in both Beerse and Geel, and a DP pilot plant in Beerse. In Switzerland there is a DP pilot plant in Schaffhausen.
Description of the Function:
To strengthen our CSC organization, we are looking for a Data Engineer to support the activities of our 2 API pilot plants: the Chemical Development MiniPlant (CDMP) in Beerse and the Chemical Development Pilot Plant (CDPP) in Geel.
After an extensive training in our pilot plants, you will build up the required process and systems expertise and project-management skills. This expertise includes both knowledge of work processes for API chemical synthesis and in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality systems , e.g. MES, PCS, SAP, LIMS, PAT software tools.
You are a part of our CSC Supply Chain Systems & Processes group, and the major activities for this challenging role are:
* You define the MAKE data & analytics strategy, define capability roadmap and requirements and work with peers in CSC systems to define the end-to-end data strategy for CSC.
* You set out a data and modeling strategy for the API pilot plants, partner with peers in the CSC systems group to define the end-to-end data model for CSC, partner with the Janssen Supply Chain (Commercial manufacturing) organization and align initiatives within CSC. You identify strategic projects in line with the long term R&D data strategy.
* You support the introduction of new chemical API synthesis steps to the internal pilot plants and together with the process engineers you identify opportunities that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety.
* You make the link between the process and the available data and you maximize the process learning by making the most optimal use of data-analysis tools available.
* You coordinate projects to implement new visualization and analysis tools that will bring process knowledge and understanding to a higher level. This includes tools that allow visualization, process modeling, process alerts, open/closed feedback loops for process control, machine learning, etc.
* You lead the implementation of systems for the use of Process Analytical Techniques tools (PAT) and process models inclusive the associated data- analysis tools, in close partnership with engineering and technology/IT partners
* You are point of contact for engineers for modeling and data analysis tools (e.g. Mathlab, Simca, R)
* You understand the GMP requirements regarding data integrity and system/tools validation approach, and you ensure compliance in all GMP activities
* You have a Scientific master's degree in, Engineering, Bio-Engineering, chemistry or Information Technology, or comparable by experience. Experience in Data science or data modelling is an asset.
* You have an outspoken interest in data, digital strategies, analytics and modeling.
* You have hands on expertise with data collection, data analysis and modelling software tools such as OSI PI, Mathlab, Simca.
* You have the ability to work in a creative and innovative development organization, that requires short timelines and high flexibility in combination with high accuracy.
* You have a basic understanding of chemical unit operations, and preferably you have experience in this environment.
* Hands-on experience with MES (Werum) is preferred.
* Good organizational skills, capable of handling multiple projects is a requirement. Working knowledge of project management principles is an advantage.
* You are able to demonstrate strong multi-functional collaboration, good communication and teaming skills.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
R&D Engineering (R&D)