We are looking for our new Automation Engineer !
In this critical position, you will:
be part of the team in charge of automation, control and instrumentation of equipment in the factory. With focus on instrumentation, automatic vision and control system design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, and startup assistance.
Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Incorporate safety as the most important factor in all the aspects of the function
- Manage panel design and layout, bill of materials, and wiring schematic capabilities are expected with this position.
- Lead projects (using appropriate project pipeline) for capacity increase, capability improvement, cost reduction, yield improvement, process stability improvement, process optimization, productivity improvement and new material qualification in support of company’s drive for continuous improvement, cost reduction and high quality.
- Prepare all Engineering Requirement and CAPEX budget proposals/justification for new machines and modification of existing machines.
- Review equipment / control systems specifications and involve in select appropriate suppliers, do tender evaluation and award PO to selected suppliers based on company selection criteria.
- Manage engineering changes and responsible for creating and maintaining all technical documentations, procedures and instruction.
- Establish documentation related to projects, like maintenance and calibration procedures, work instructions, operating books, product control plans
- Ensure compliance with all mechanical and electrical codes, standards, regulations and industry best practices in the areas of : ISO norms, Health and Safety rules, Quality procedures, Process industrialization procedures, Process/Equipment change procedure.
- Provide troubleshooting support to manufacturing
- Connect with other business units of the group, on any change for process and equipments
- Be aware of all the transactions made with an IT system to receive and send information about the manufacturing order and product specifications in use at the production line, and assure the quality of the data.
- You possess a Master degree in engineering with a specialization in automation or other relevant field or equivalent education
- You have an experience with drive and control systems based on Siemens Equipment : PLCs Siemens S7 - Drives AC and DC - HMI Software and Data Collection (Wonderware)
- You have a strong experience in industrial environment
- You gained technical skills that would have added value: KepServer Ex (OPC UA), Rockwell factory Talk Transaction manager, and basic SQL knowledge
- You have strong Project Management skills
- Six-sigma greenbelt or blackbelt certification would be of an asset
- You are Team player and an excellent communicator
- You speak French and English fluently
- You have a positive and open approach; you are a problem solver, available and flexible
We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business.
We are a force for good, imbedded in industries and communities worldwide.
We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life.
Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Structured learning and development
- Mentoring program
- Competitive total rewards
We look forward to receiving your application.