The world is more connected than ever before and the pace of change is bewildering. We deliver the best combination of technology and services to enable our clients to fulfil the diverse needs of their customers. By fostering a deeply and personal relationship with our clients, we want to improve the lives of people and organizations.
Axians is the VINCI Energies brand dedicated to ICT and Digital Transformation. We’re present across 25 countries, with more than 12 000 employees and an annual revenue of more than 2.6 billion euros, in 2020.
The best of ICT with a human touch
Function: Atlassian Engineer
The Atlassian engineer will integrate the EUSS-IS project. Responsibilities encompass deploying, testing and operating all the Atlassian Echo System which provide different functionalities to different entities at European Commission.
The offered service consist of following subservices:
- Atlassian to Business (A2B) is a service based on a highly customisable system, based on Jira and Confluence plus a broad number of additional components, hosted at DIGIT datacentre.
- The Commission IT Network (CITnet) service, the software development lifecycle management (SDLC) toolset, provides a collaborative space for IS developers in and outside the Commission. In an approach inspired by the open source communities' way of working. CITnet is offering the following services: Version Control System (SVN, Git), Issue Tracker (Jira), Agile Iteration Management, Collaborative Code Review (Fisheye/Crucible), Software Code Repository (Nexus), Continuous Integration (Bamboo), and Collaborative Documentation (Confluence/Gliffy/Balsamiq).
- Provide support, consultancy and advice to the various development teams at the EC if and when required, based on the ITIL operational processes
- Maintenance of the current service, mainly upon the Atlassian's eco-system.
- Configuration of Atlassian's Confluence wiki and Configuration of Atlassian's Jira (issue tracker)
- Maintaining the Integration of EC security (EULOGIN)
- Load testing and code profiling
- Physical architecture including clustering
- Application monitoring and reporting in production
- Management of the ecosystem of plug-ins
- Logical architecture of the various spaces
- Evaluation of new releases and upgrade planning
- Conception, design, coordination of the implementation and quality assessment of information systems technical architectures and supporting infrastructures
- JMeter: Configuration of the tools, design and implementation of the test scenarios, analysis of the results.
- Atlassian product integration :
- Test automation : Selenium, PMD, Findbug
- Analysis and design reviews of information systems enterprise-, information- and application component architectures
- JEE expertise for code audit, testing and deployment of applications.
- Code reviewing expertise and coaching with Atlassian Crucible
- Assistance with the implementation of the technical architecture during information system infrastructure development projects
- LAMP platform: installations, configuration and optimisation.
- PostgreSQL administration.
- Expertise in Python scripts on UNIX/Linux environments.
- Expertise in Linux platform administration and OSS development and packaging.
- Java Virtual Machine tuning and optimisation.
- Infrastructure deployment automation (with Rundeck) with tests and fall-backs mechanisms design.
- Elaboration of guidelines and recommendations concerning technical architecture in software development, taking into account the existing infrastructure at the European Commission and its evolution.
- Extensive technical documentation for platform and system administrators.
- Extensive documentation for end-user.
- Production of software architecture documents
- Expertise in Jira administration with at least 3 years of experience working with Atlassian products
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, upgrades, and migrations
- Integration experience on JIRA and confluence with plugins and development
- Integration with LDAP for authentication
- Very good knowledge of
- LINUX / UNIX /ORACLE/PostgreSQL
- Good understanding on Change, release & Deployment management
- Good testing experience
- Perfect knowledge of English
- ITIL V3 foundation certification
- Experience with European Commission is an asset
- Experience with ticketing system (SMT is an asset)
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Pan-European mind-set;
- Attention to detail;
- Customer and Service focus;
- Spoken and written interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
If you’re interested, please send your application to email@example.com with the reference: Atlassian.CH