Associate Director Process Engineering-1805667812W
Caring for the world, one person at a time'… inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Discovery Product Development & Supply (DPDS), the CMC organization within Janssen is employing several hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians at its site in Beerse, Belgium. API Small Molecule Development department is responsible for the development of processes in support of clinical and commercial supply of new chemical entities.
The Chemical Technology & Engineering group (T&E) is a sub department of API Small Molecule Development, within the global development organization of Janssen Pharmaceutica nv, and is responsible for Chemical Technology, Safety and Crystallization Research.
The Process Engineering group located in Beerse (Belgium) is part of the Chemical Technology & Engineering group. The primary focus of the process engineering group is to develop the most robust, reliable process to make a product at any scale in a practical and economical manner.
We are looking for an organic synthetic chemist or a chemical engineer to head the Technology & Engineering group.
This encompasses the following tasks:
* Coach people and develop their strenghts
* Leverage your chemical knowledge within your team of process engineers
* Your helicoptor view translate the bigger picture of the organisation into tangible project deliverables
* Track staff performance and adjust as needed
* Ensure a safe and pleasant lab environment
Manage resources and associated budgets (internal as well as external)
* Track project progress
* Alert API management to resource issues and offer solutions
* Responsible for strategic outsourcing (identify partners, step up contracts, interact with consultants, …)
Interact with various stakeholders within and outside the department
* R&D chemists and analysts
* Clinical and commercial API manufacturing sites
* Pharmaceutical Sciences
* Drug product Development
We are offering you a multifaceted challenge in a dynamic, international environment with attractive work conditions and career opportunities. If you are interested in this position, please apply online including application letter, CV and ideally reference letters.
* You are a good listener with excellent communication skills allowing effective interaction with all levels of the organization
* Strong convincing power
* Team player able to guide, motivate and align stakeholders
* Excellent scientific writing skills
* Result driven problem solver
* Eager to gain insight in complex chemical processes
* Out-of-the box mindset
* PhD in organic chemistry, chemical engineering or similar by experience (8-10 years)
* Exposure to a people leader and/or project leader role is favorable
* Profound chemical background and ability to perform retro synthetic analysis
* Experienced in process development in support of clinical and commercial production
* Broad network within academia and industry
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)