Assistant in Talent
Assistant in Talent
Date: Jun 6, 2019
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
Assistant to Head of Global Talent Reward & Operations
Assistant to Talent Lead
The Global Reward team is part of the Global Talent & Company Reputation team and is responsible for developing and supporting the C&B strategy for employees and executives across 35 countries. The Assistant will report to the Head of Global Talent Reward & Operations and to the Talent Lead for Patient Value Functions. Incumbent needs to have a high attention to details, strong customer service skills, the ability to work under tight deadlines and strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
The assistant acts as a partner and anchor to the her managers, providing secretarial support to optimize their efficiency, developing and applying best practices, and ensuring that quality, efficiency, accuracy and cost awareness are respected for those key functions. Proactively anticipating the managers' needs is essential as well as possessing a strong desire and enthusiasm to learn and understand the key issues they are managing.
* Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
* Plans, coordinates and ensures the managers' schedules are followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the managers' time and office.
* Communicates directly, and on behalf of the managers, with peers and other stakeholders, on matters related to the their initiatives.
* Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the managers, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
* Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the managers and the stakeholders.
* Works closely and effectively with the managers to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the managers updated.
* Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the managers, some of which may have organizational impact.
* Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
* Bachelor degree
* Experienced assistant with self-confidence and self-awareness (minimum of 5 years' experience as executive assistant required
* Dedication to providing work of an excellent quality, focusing on attention to details and pro-active tasks completion
* Excellent planning and organizational skills to ensure effective and timely output in an independent way
* Excellent communication skills and effective working relationship internally and with our business partners
* Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and quickly adapts to new systems and tools
* Diplomat and with a good team spirit
* Resilient / ability to adapt to change
* Dealing appropriately with confidential and sensitive matters
* Ability to handle a number or diverse projects and people at any one time is essential
* Motivated, reliable and with a positive attitude
* Willingness to learn, open and adaptable personality
* Should be open to feedback and proactively seek it
* Proactivity to recognize potential issues and resolve them before they transform into problems
* Fully motivated to be a part of a team and contribute towards it
* Proactively develops an in depth insight in UCB organisation, activities and products including an understanding of organization structure, governance and key stakeholders
* Able to apply UCB policies, procedures and regulations related to the Talent Function
* Acts according to the UCB values
Job Segment: HR, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources, Administrative