Assistant Registration Officer
Assistant Registration Officer
Locations: Beerse, Belgium
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 1905744573W
Assistant Registration Officer - Compound Logistics, Discovery Sciences
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnsons Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Assistant Registration Officer - Compound Logistics, Discovery Chemistry, to be located in Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our Discovery Sciences Organization at the Beerse site is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative Bachelor or Master level chemist to join our Compound Logistics team in Beerse. He/she will be involved in the day-to-day compound logistics operations and chemical data management processes to effectively support the needs of the global Drug Discovery team. The successful candidate will be acquainted with chemical structures and nomenclature and will have co-responsibilities as an expert user to register, and manage chemical structures, in the Janssen's corporate databases for screening compounds and building blocks. He/she will handle small and large sets of compounds, libraries, across different software applications, and maintain integrity of the chemical database during potential transitions or integrations. Hence, being acquainted with chemical structures and nomenclature, well organized, IT-minded, proactive and self-directing are necessary skills
for the successful candidate.
Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Be proficient with chemical structure drawing, nomenclature and chemical database searches.
* Single and batch registrations of chemical structures, and related data in corporate databases.
* Monitoring data quality and compliance of automated registrations, and perform corrections were needed.
* Concatenating of large internal and external chemical data information according to company guidelines
* Checking safety, controlled substances compliance, and shipping information.
* Processing of incoming shipments as well as check-in of new compound samples.
* General data handling, inventory tracking and accurate record keeping.
* Assess purity & QC of compound samples by LC/MS.
* Collaborate with other team members to maintain consistent practices and standards for compound and data handling processes.
* Possess a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the individual's development plan
* Bachelor or Master's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related field with 2+ years of (industrial) experience is required.
* Proficient in chemical nomenclature, isomerism, chirality, classification and chemistry drawing
* Strong IT affinity, spreadsheet- and database handling is highly desirable
* Hands-on experience with compound handling and using modern HPLC and MS instrumentation is a plus.
* Being well-organized and clear & concise reporting
* Team player with strong communication and organization skills.
* Good mastery of English language is essential.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)