Assistant Manager Environment
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Cobalt & Specialty Materials
What you will be doing
The Assistant Manager Environment manages the site Olen Environmental permits and manages and deploys the ISO14001 Quality System.
* You assess compliance status of the current operational permits of site Olen and you make suggestions to improve the environmental performance of the site.
* You manage the deployment of the ISO14001 system (quality standard for environment) in site Olen:
+ You manage documents in line with changes to be implemented: procedures, environmental risk assessments, …
+ You set-up training material and training curriculum and you engage colleagues across the site to improve environmental performances.
+ You prepare and execute the internal audit plan.
* You have an instrumental role in the permitting processes in alignment with strategic plans and projects of BU's, site Olen strategy and applicable legislation:
+ You provide advice to BU's and you drive interaction with relevant experts in environmental matters to promote sustainability in the project scopes.
+ You assure interaction with competent authorities in order to achieve a fluent permitting process.
* You overlook the activities executed in view of historical contamination on site (e.g. ground and soil remediation) and you assure timely communication with competent authorities.
Who we are looking for
* You have a master degree in sciences, a degree in environmental sciences and you had a first relevant experience.
* You have knowledge of ISO14001, which enables you to deploy the necessary requirements.
* You are capable of convincing others and you possess strong writing skills.
* You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
* You have teaching skills and you manage to plan and organize your tasks.
* You adhere to principles and values
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling know-how can recover cobalt from industrial metal scrap, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?