Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
* Area of Interest
Engineer - Network
* Job Type
* Technology Interest
* Job Id
Who We Are
Articulate the next generation of Video and software applications through cutting-edge solutions that fundamentally change the way video is consumed in an interactive way. Cisco's SP Video group has invested billions of dollars towards best in class Video solutions for the Service Provider market.
Who You'll Work With
Our teams support cutting edge Cisco technologies. In this role, you will help driving Cisco's Service Provider Video & Applications support team by supporting a range of products that are critical in this rapidly evolving market. Also, as the Video & applications team is being positioned in Software and Technology Incubation, you will have immense opportunity to explore new technology areas, products (that come as part of acquisitions as and when we start working on integrating them with Cisco's support model) and multi-technology solutions.
What You'll do
* Provide technical support to our customer base to resolve moderate to highly complex issues, this during European office hours and sporadic weekend shifts Drive development and implementation of smart automation software tools
* Collaborate with several teams (e.g. engineering/sales) to achieve our common goal of solving our customer problems and enhancing our products
* Share your knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database
* Strive to technical excellence and expertise
Who you are
* Analytical and eager to learn. Capacity and passion to help customers
* System Administration and troubleshooting skills: RHEL, Unix, Microsoft
* Scripting skills: for example Python, Perl, bash
* Database Administration & Management: MongoDB, SQL, postgres
* Application Support Knowledge: Java applications on Linux and/or Unix platforms, JSON/REST, Splunk …
* Virtualization Skills: for example VMWare ESXi, Openstack, XEN
* Datacenter, NAS/SAN
* Routing Protocols: CCNP equivalent knowledge or higher in IP networking
* xperience with monitoring tools: SNMP, northbound interface, linux monitoring, mongo mms
* Authentication or Charging Protocols: RADIUS, DIAMETER
* Video technology: digital TV, VoD, MPEG,Flash and Windows Media, ABR (HLS, HSS)
* Experience with customer portals and Web Interfaces in WiFi environment including hardware like wireless controller, Access points, Radius server.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Share Application Software Support Engineer with Facebook Share Application Software Support Engineer with LinkedIn Share Application Software Support Engineer with Twitter Share Application Software Support Engineer with Google+ Share Application Software Support Engineer with a friend via e-mail